THE RULES of THIS BLOG SITE

Any response that uses inappropriate language, content, or anything else that Mr. Williams would deem offensive will receive an automatic grade of "0" with no hope for resubmitting the post. You are expected to respond in a mature and Godly fashion. Content can talk about topical things (drugs, drinking, relationships, family, sex, God, emotions, etc.), but the delivery of the information should be in such a manner that well represents yourself, your parents and family, CBHS, Mr. Williams, and most importantly, God. I really look forward to your posts. -- Mr. Williams

August 23, 2010

Acting I Blog 2

STOP AND READ THIS NOW!!!  :)
You click BELOW the post title "Acting I Blog 2" on the word "comments" (under this paragraph) which is to the left of "Posted by Mr. Williams." There will be a number in front of "comments" like "0 comments." Click THERE ... do NOT click on "New Post"! Click on "COMMENTS"...

DUE WEDNESDAY 8/25/10 BY 8:00 AM! For directions, please visit BLOG 2 at the CBHS Theatrical & Choral Academic Activities website. I look forward to your posts!

85 comments:

  1. If I were given the opportunity to be anything in the fine arts world, I would be an artist. I would like to be an artist because it would be a fun thing to do in free time and there are a variety of things you can do with art. Artists are able to express themselves through the things that they create. You can paint, sculpt, draw, etc. If I had a lot of things on my mind, good or bad, I would be able to express my feelings through my painting. If I had a certain object on my mind, I would be able to sculpt it. However, right now, I can not draw at all. I can paint and color anything that is already drawn out, but I can't just do art by starting in the middle of the process. I have to know how to draw first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was given the chance to be anything in the fine arts world, I would have to say I would like to be a painter. The reason I would choose this is because painting is funny and you get to paint your feelings and emotions and all. I would also get to throw paint around and have fun with it and it would be something I would enjoy doing.
    Well as I see myself right now I could never see my being an artist and painting and all that. I'm not the painter type I'm more of the athletic guy and I don't see myself doing the arts type of stuff. Also i can't draw to save my life and I can paint but its more like throwing it on the paper. And arts is the way to releive from the normal world and just be yourself and paint whatever you feel like doing thats what i think of arts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you can most likely discern by reading the initial words of this blog post, the most ideal fine arts career for me would have to be in the writing field. It is incredibly easy to express one's emotions by a simple use of words; the only aspect of fine arts, in my opinion, that comes close in that regard is music. Some people say that a picture is worth one thousand words; I tend to believe that a well-constructed sentence is worth a photograph. Writers have the ability to paint pictures in people's minds, which is extremely powerful. Although some may not realize so, writing is a beautiful form of art within itself. The collection of verbs, adjectives, and nouns available for use in a sentence, along with their respective connotations, serve as the writer's "colors," if comparing to visual art. All one needs to create his "masterpiece" is a pen and paper. I find writing to be incredibly easy - not simply because I'm a grammar whiz or adept at forming sentences, but because I don't have to spend large amounts of time thinking of how to visually or audibly express my emotions - the words do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Given anything to do in the entire spectrum of all the fine arts, i would choose to act. I really do enjoy being someone who I am truly not. I can do a variety of accents, even though some of them may not be extremely good. I enjoy making people in the audience feel what my character is supposed to be feeling. the shear exuberance of hearing a thunderous applause after the lights go down and the curtain closes is the second highest level of excitement I can think of. The first highest level of excitement is in the dressing room before the show starts. I don't see why I like doing this however, because I am usually extremely reserved and don't let my emotions show. On stage I am an entirely different person. I express everything, I am excited a lot, I can express emotions that I may never feel, such as complete insanity. I can remember lines extremely well, so well that I can even say other people's lines for them if need be. I have done this on several occasions. I enjoy doing comedy because it makes people laugh, and I love to make people laugh. I enjoy roles where I get to overdo or strongly express a certain emotion, such as in Twelve Angry Men last year when my character(juror #5) got extremely angry, stood up, and full out shouted down the man across the table. even though i was shouting into thin air because of the arrangement of the set, I could see the man's face across from me, and feel the hatred coming out of both of us. My opinion of the acting field of the fine arts is that acting is one of the more intelligent forms of art, you really have to know what you are doing to be an actor. It takes a smart person, not necessarily book smart, but smart in the ways of the mind and the body, and in the ways of others minds, to act. You do not only have to make everyone else believe that you are your character. you have to make yourself believe it. When I was in Arsenic And Old Lace last year, I had to speak a specific way to play the part of Teddy Brooster. After the play was finished , the accent was so stuck in my head that I had to actually think about talking normally instead of like Teddy. To this day I can walk up to Nick Picou, salute, and we can go into one of the scenes from the play exactly as if we were on stage. Acting is easy for some, hard for others, and a joy for some. It is a joy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I was given the chance to be anything in the fine arts world, I would be a musician. I hate to be stereotypical, but I'm sure that every teenager has dreamed of being the front man in a rock band. Some may not consider rock music a fine art, but it takes the same amount of skill and dedication as any classical instrument. The thrill of being in front of a huge crowd, and playing great music would be the biggest adrenalin rush in the world. All of the glory and fame that comes with being in a famous band wouldn’t be too bad either. In a way, that would be my dream job, being paid exuberant amounts to do something you love is just too hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had the ability and skill to be any type of artist in the world I would choose to be a professional musician. Though this is a very common dream for a lot of people being a musician, in my opinion, is one of the most artistic things a person could do in their life. When a person can sit down and write a song that is completely original there is nothing more artistic in the world. I have always enjoyed music because it is a way for people to express themselves and no matter who you are there is some type of music out there for everyone. Whenever I am stressed out or overwhelmed there is nothing that calms me down more than just sitting down and turning on some music. I’m not saying that being able to act or paint isn’t art, but it is only the recreation of something that is beautiful. But when a musician writes a new song they have created something from scratch using nothing but their own imagination. The greatest part about being a musician would be the ability to make thousands of people happy just by singing a song that I created. So to me music is something that brings people together no matter what their differences, and to be a musician would be the greatest job I could ever have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I was given the opportunity to work in a fine acts play again, I would be either a stage manager or musician. If you did not know this Mr. Williams, I used to play the bass and was a stage manager for my church's Easter and Christmas presentations back in Malaysia. I used to be extremely interested in arts. I also use to be able to do Graffiti. I used to be quite a good artist. I just lost all of those attributes when I started playing sport. I went from a musical guy to a jock. I think that if I didn't play football or did cheer, I would be in plays at CBHS. I would! I have stage frights and I know I can overcome it by facing my fears and by just doing it without being a pansy. I really love art. I am just too busy now to do it. But that would be one of the theater arts that I would love to get into if I have the opportunity again. I love being there to help run the show as in stage managing and I love having to have a microphone and “walkie talkie” running around with me. It just makes me feel as important as the actors and actresses because I am basically a part of the show; just I am not acting or dancing because I have a huge fear of stage frights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I could do anything in the fine arts world it would most likely be a professional musician. It has been a dream of mine since I was a small child. It really doesn’t matter what kind of musician either. I just think the lifestyle of traveling from place to place, and in each place you visit; there are people there that want to see you. I also love music I couldn’t live without it. Even though as a kid the only music I really listened to were written by funny musicians like Weird Al, or The Arrogant Worms, but as I got older and started to make my own music, my range of music that I liked expanded greatly. Every time I see a band or musical performance I just dream what would it be like if I was up there. I have somewhat conquered my fear of being on stage. People have said to me that my music has all the emotion, and I don’t have any of it myself. I constantly ask others for their opinions of my music, because if I can’t take criticism then I could never be on stage. Music is my goal, my life, and my dream, and I will do anything to achieve my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I could pick one of the many fine arts I would definitely have to pick Broadway because I think that would be the least likely of what could actually happen. I think it would be fun to see how Broadway worked out since I have absolutely no idea how to be an actor and portray my emotions and thoughts through my voice and body movements. I would also like it because there are many different plays that you could be in. Each play has a different set of movements, lines, and meanings unlike playing an instrument where you are doing the same thing all the time. As of right now I can't see myself in any of these fine arts because I am a more athletic person and have absolutely no talent in drawing or acting. I have a guitar but I have never learned how to play it because I have not had time. I wish I could have learned to play the guitar at a young age but that never happened partially because I have no clue how to read music and I have no musical or artistic ability. If I had the chance and I was not an athlete I would definitely want to be good at acting to the point that I would have the chance to perform on Broadway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I were to do something in the fine arts world I would definatley pick to perform on Broadway. I have not seen many plays but the few I have seen were very entertaining. Also I enjoy singing very much but I am just horrible at it. Most Broadway shows have singing and I would have lots of fun singing all the songs in a show. It seems like a great challenge to memorize lines and songs and perform in front of thousands of people, but I would be up to the challenge. Also it ould be fun to star in different types of plays like a mystery, romance, or a comedy. If I did have any singing talent I would want to share and entertain people with it and Broadway would be a great way to do that. Unfortunaltely I could be one of the worst singers of all time. The fine arts is not one of my favorite interests but I hope to see more of it. Singing professionally is one of my biggest dreams but I know it won't happen, but if an opportunity came about I would take it in a second. That is why I would choose Broadway as my field of fine arts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I could do anything in the fine arts world, I would be a writer. I think writers have a very fun life. They get to travel the world and talk about what they have done. Then, they turn them into stories. There are a lot of different kinds of authors. If I was an author I would write interesting non- fiction. Some people are turned off by non- fiction because it is not interesting. I think the exact opposite. I believe that non-fiction is more interesting than fiction. This supports how i see myself in real life. If I had the talent to be a writer I would for sure do it. It seems like a tuff thing to get recognition for though. I am indifferent of the arts. I do not go to plays and i do not like opera's of ballets. My dad is a big fan of all three but i did not inherit that gene. I have nothing against the arts though. There seems to be a ton of work involving a play or a performance so i would guess it is fun if people put so much work into it. The next thing I would want to do is play an instrument. That is one thing that i wish i could do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I could posses one talent in the "arts," I would choose to be a musician. Since it has to be a classical instrument, I would chose the piano. Piano players got it made becuase they can switch to classical and modern easily. They also get to travel and make money. I don't know how much they pay for a classical piano play, but I guess I could play at bars and country clubs. It will just be like that song "Piano Man". I used to play the piano when I was little, because my mom made me. I hated everything about it. Now I am pretty much grown up, and know knowthing about the arts. I know very little about classical music. This would conflict with my opinion with the arts because I used to hate the piano when I was little. Now that I am grown up it seems pretty cool to musically talented. The only person who is musically taltented is my uncle. He is getting old now, but he is a pretty hardocore uncle. He is cool. The only time I think classical music is acceptable, is when I am trying to relax. I would hate it if that was the only type of music around. If I wasn't a classical piano player, I would be a back up singer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I had to choose any talent in the fine arts world it would definitely be a director for a big play. I believe that I am a creative person and can see talents in others very easily. I think that I could be good and successful at that. I wouldn't have to go on stage, and I can order other people around. Currently in my life I might be able to see myself as a director. It's a tough business, but anything is possible. Many people are interested in plays, and I've seen many successful directors who make alot of money. I think that directing a motion picture would be harder than a play, just because you have more people to deal with and more action. But directing a play would not be easy, because there is not much time, and everything has to be perfect. I don't want to be close minded, so I try to open up all possibilities. Right now I'm an athletic guy, but if that doesn't work out in the future, than the acting business could always be a fall back plan. I would do anything in the acting business, except the acting. I'm quite fascinated by the arts actually. The professional actors and artists are so talented and never look nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In the fine arts world, I would be an actor. I’ve had experience on stage and I know what it is like to act on stage. I have the confidence and ability to go up on stage and give all of my effort to the audience. In plays that I have done, I’ve been really funny and fun to watch. A few years ago, I was an extra in a TV series and I got the experience of walking around the set of a movie and experiencing what it is like to become an actor. When I was little, my dream was to grow up and to be in the entertainment business in some way. I can accomplish that today. Any role that I would receive would always satisfy me. Acting helps me break out and really show people who I can become.

    I’ve always appreciated and admired the arts. Being an actor requires a lot of emotions. I have emotions in my facial expressions, body movement, and my voice. I’ve always been a supporter of the arts. I love to go see plays and to try to act scenes out by myself based on the play. In life, I see myself as a student and I’m very interested in the arts. I’m looking forward to continue to act this year by auditioning to perform in a school play this year. I would love to be a part of Brothers on Stage this year. The arts will always be entertaining and exciting to be a part of.

    Everything about the arts is very interesting and very intriguing. I love how Mel Gibson can direct movies and be the lead actor. I was in New York a couple weeks ago and I wish I could be on Broadway. Performing on Broadway requires a lot of hard work and there will be some criticism. For the Acting class I am taking, I’m not worried about stage fright. I’m in front of a bunch of teenage boys! Acting is fun and it is a hobby of mine. This will be a fun year and I’m ready to get back to acting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is easy. I'd be a southern rock guitarist and singer. Why southern rock? Because I've loved it ever since I can remember and, believe it or not, right now I probably have a better shot at that than anything else in the fine arts field. My voice fits well with the southern rock genre and so does my guitar style. I've been playing the guitar for five years now and everything I've learned has its roots in Lynyrd Skynyrd: Ronnie up front with all the guitars wailing and the Confederate flag hoisted in the background. It's perfection. Yes I know that the members of this band were not really artsy guys; neither am I. But music is still considered part of the arts field and therefore I guess am too. I know what it is like to get up in front of a crowd, and I enjoy it. But it always leaves me wanting more. So I practice and get better hoping that someday I'll hit it big (I know it's a long shot). How does this support or conflict with how I currently see myself in life? I think that this supports the way I see myself in life. I don't really do too much outside of CBHS. When I'm not in school or working on school stuff like this I'm usually playing my guitar, shooting things, or fishing. So what else would my dream be...?

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I could be anything in the fine arts world I would more than likely be an artist. I chose an artist because many people would admire the work that you do, and you never have to do anything publicly. Also, you do not have to memorize any lines or scenes. Also, for an artist’s job, it is all about what they want to do. An artist can be there own boss, draw what they want, do work when they want, and not have to be bossed around by a director or anything of that nature.
    The ability of me becoming an artist is not a very good chance because I cannot draw at a high level. This conflicts with everything of becoming an artist because the first part of the word artist is art. If you cannot draw, more than likely you won’t be a very good sculptor.
    Drawing has always been a love for me, and I would love to learn. However, it might be to late for me to start taking drawing lessons with the type of busy schedule I have right now. If I have a bunch of easy classes in the future I will try to learn how to increase my ability to draw by taking multiple lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely LOVE fine arts whether it is art, theater, or singing, I love it all! However, out of everything I love to do the most, it would be fiction-writing. Ever since that fateful day I picked up a copy of First and Only back in 2000, I've been absolutely hooked on Sci-fi (especially in the Warhammer 40,000 franchise)! When I pick up ANY sci-fi book, it's like escaping into a completely different world... As the story-line materializes before me, the characters come to life. The ability of reading a book like watching a movie is one addiction I'm not afraid to say I have! Sadly, though, my early attachment to the liberal arts and science fiction make it hard for me to appreciate visual arts like painting. On another note, my obsession with writing has also somewhat turned me into a hermit (but a very well-written hermit). In the end I have published several works and am currently working on a novel! I really hope to make a future in writing someday soon... I enjoy fiction writing so much, I don't know what I'd do without it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The world of fine arts has spread and become more and more diverse as time progresses. Fine art includes subjects of art such as painting and sculpting all the way to performance pieces such as theater and ballet. If I were able to choose one element of fine art to devote my career to it would be theater. Broadway plays have always fascinated me. The talent of acting along with the extreme complexity of the set never ceases to surprise me. A lot of work goes into the production of a Broadway play or musical. To pick out a certain aspect of the production I would like to be apart of would be impossible at this point. The production as a whole is what truly inspires me. Any part from acting to stagehand would be fulfilling just to know you helped put on a show worth seeing. However being part of a Broadway play I feel requires something I do not have. You need a higher sense of personal security to be able to fully involve yourself in something so much bigger than you. Your mistake not only becomes yours’ but the entire crews and casts’ mistake. While being part of a Broadway play is something that would be something very interesting and exciting I don’t know if it is something I’d be able to do.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If I had to choose any career in the fine arts profession, it would have to be an actor. The reason for choosing an actor is because I have always had the ability to make people laugh, but then again turn around and be able to act really mad on command. Part of it is natural, but the other half is me having the courage to get up on stage and do it. I used to be very shy when I was little and would not be able to do any plays or even sing in front of a group of people. Since then, I have grown out of that and matured. My dad and mom are very humorous and outgoing people, and they knew from day one that I was going to grow out of being shy. Also, Mr. Williams talked about how acting is like escaping into a whole new world, I totally agree with that. I feel the same way when I am giving a speech or something to a group of people, much of the time I feel like I am one with the podium and then snap right back out of it at the end of the speech. It is very weird. I have expanded my horizons though, despite the "jock" reputation that accompanies athletes, and have developed an appreciation for acting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I were to be anything in the arts world it would most likely be an artist. I think being an artist would be very cool in that if you are good, many people from around the world could possibly see your work and you could become very famous and make a lot of money to paint. Being an artist conflicts with the way I see myself because I can't see myself painting anything. I also am not a very good artist or painter or any of that so I'm not sure if I'd ever be able to be an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it would be great to be an artist. Artists are able to express themselves through their drawings and paintings. I feel like being able to draw and create perfect pictures would be very impressive. I think drawing and painting are one of my most loved parts of the arts. Some other things in the arts don’t really get me excited. I feel like being a great artist would really open the doors for opportunities to create wonderful works of art. It would be such a great skill to have to be able to draw or paint pictures like Leonardo Da Vinci could. Not only would you become famous for your works of art, but your artwork would be able to be passed down over the centuries to future people. It is this same way that we appreciate the Mona Lisa and the Last Supper. If I were to become an amazing artist or painter then my legacy would always and forever lie in my drawings and paintings. It would be a wonderful way to leave your name engraved into human history. I currently see my opinion of the arts as open-minded. I’m not too big on artsy things but I certainly appreciate them and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. If I could do anything in the fine arts it would definitely be an actor. I think I would want to be an actor because I would be able to be something or someone that I am not, and I would learn how to act out of my comfort zone. Right now I am not really doing in the fine arts field at all besides acting class, and I never really have. I really wish I would have gotten into acting at a younger age because I think it really helps you express you personality and helps you to become more of an open person. I like acting a lot more than I ever thought I would because I was never open to new idea but acting has seemed to make me aware that sometimes doing new things is pretty cool. Right now I am very open to trying new things such as acting, and really anything else in the fine arts field. I never was into the whole fine arts thing because I thought that it was pretty stupid and I never realized how cool and that all of it really is. In the future I really hope to see myself on stage or doing something else in the fine arts field.

    ReplyDelete
  23. If I could be anything in the fine arts world, I'd for sure be a writer. In summary, I like writing because it's enjoyable. Writing can affect my present and future. It allows meWriting can do a variety of things for me. It can make me feel an emotion; writing allows me to reflect on my past; I can understand clearly what my thoughts, feelings, emotions, and attitude is simply by writing. Writing in a sense definitely shows who you truly are. It's like you see yourself in words. In writing, there are no mistakes unless you're counting grammar. Everyday life has many rights and wrongs to it. But writing is only important in how the writer of the work feels and judges it; not what others think. It's about the expression of something or anything. You can't tell someone that writing something without a subject is wrong. Being a potential writer is supportive of who I see in myself and fine arts. Sometimes I can't always see how I'm viewing myself just through my mind. When I write let's say just about my life, I see me in words. In my opinion, writing supports my view of the arts in that humans function off of fine arts. It's simply how we act doing things such as: music, sports, plays, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  24. If I could be anything in the fine arts department I would stick with acting. I would stick with acting because I enjoy being in front of a lot of people and I like being able to do something different from what I am usually doing. Honestly, I do not understand the concept of a lot of the other fine arts like ballet and opera, but I think that if you enjoy doing it that's cool, fine with me. Out of all of the choices of fine arts, acting is the only one that I really "understand". My view of acting is that it is fun, it allows me to act up a little bit, and its different so thats why i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. If I could be anything in the fine arts world, I would be either an artist or musician. I've always wished I could play an instrument really well and also to be able to draw or paint amazing works of art. Professions like being a musician or artist, I think, are two of the best jobs in the world. They are some of the few careers that allow you to express yourself fully on a daily basis. Take a guy in a band for example. Whatever lyrics he writes or whatever notes he puts together are how he is feeling about the world and his life. This can be put in a very positive way; like Christian music, or bands like U2 for lack of a better example, who use their influences for a wholesome purpose. Artists, on the other hand, can use their artwork to inspire generations. Look at works like the Sistine Chapel, the Mona Lisa, and modern day paintings and photographs. All of these have survived throughout history and cause people to wonder how someone could make something so beautiful. However, since I lack the ability to sing, write, play, an instrument, draw, paint, sculpt, or anything artistic, my chances of ever being one of these professions is slim to none.

    ReplyDelete
  26. If I had my pick at any fine art in the world I would probably choose acting. I do not choose acting because I am good at it or have had any type of previous experience in it. I would only choose acting because I highly respect actors. If I had the courage and talent to be an actor, then I would use my ability in many situations. I would not restrain my skills to just the stage. I would use it to make people laugh or to bring life to a conversation. Actors seem to have something that makes them interesting when they talk. I currently do not see myself as a good actor by any stretch of the imagination. But I highly respect the actors for what they can do. They are afraid, but in spite of their fear they go out on stage anyway. To me that is a very brave thing to do. I have overcome fear in football. At one point I wanted to quit. But I eventually overcame my fear. In acting it is just as difficult only it is a different type of fear. I feel uncomfortable acting in front of people. That is why I admire actors so much. They can do something that I cannot do. But not only can they do it, they exceed at it. I would love to be able to portray another person on stage and be able to evoke emotion from the audience. At this point in my life, however, I do not see that as a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  27. If i could do anything in the fine art world it would probably be acting. I say acting because it really seems like the only place where i would have the most success. I think i would have the most success there because franly i dont think i would fair very well at any other fine art. I dont see my self as the most artistic person in the world however i do think that i could express myself more threw acting. Acting would give me a chance to try new ways of expression and learn ways to please a crowd. I would act simply because its seems like something i could do.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Out of anything in the fine arts world, I would want to be an actor. Being an actor is more than going on a stage and saying a few lines. And going up on that stage takes balls. Anyone can go on a stage and say a few lines. It doesn't mean that person is a good actor. In order to be a good actor, one has to put emotion in his or her character. The person has to practice over and over again until the lines, body movement, and much more are good enough. The reason I would want to be an actor is that I think it would be fun. I also would like the attention I would get for being an actor. I don't need attention, but I like it. Being an actor would also be a fun challenge. I plan on majoring in business, and there are major business aspects in acting. The only way acting would conflict with my future life is if it got in the way of my dream. My dream is to be a professional skateboarder. It's my passion, and I can't really see myself doing anything else. This gave me more respect for the arts. If you think about it, acting is a lot harder than it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  29. If i could be anything in the fine arts world it would be a musician. Why because i'm good at singing a talent i didnt find out till freshmen year and didnt exploit till the end sophomore. My father was a musician all his life almost literally till he died a few years ago of cancer. I write lyrics to songs and hope to make something of myself in the future. I've loved music since i can remember and like a close friend its always been there for me. Hopefully i can help someone to in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  30. If I were to be anything in fine arts, I would be doing anything with music. I feel like music is a great way to express your self. No matter who or what it involves, you can just let your soul bleed into your music you create. I make music sometimes now just for fun and to jus get away from everything. It’s like the music just takes me away to my own little world. I believe if I wanted to seriously get into music, I would be pretty good at it. I would produce the best songs, the best rapping, maybe not the best singing, but the best songs.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It is difficult for me to choose a profession in the fine arts, because one I am not very interested in fine arts, and two I do not know a lot about fine arts. I do think that if I learned more about fine arts then it might interest me more and I might have a better understanding of what choice would best fit me. I would try to pick something that both correlates with my interest and what I enjoy doing and try to incorporate that in a fine art. In fine arts the thing I am most interested in are all musical. I love music! One could say that it is my passion. One can use music in many different aspects of their life and theatrical performances. Music has a great effect in the theater world. It can create a space in that void. It can help with prop changes. It can also create emotion. I have played the drums for over five years now, and I really enjoy it. It is one of the things I live for. It is a deep ceded passion of mine. It creates a fire in me that cannot be put out. I like to play a lot of rock music or blues. I do not think I would like to be in a formal setting like an orchestra, but something more upbeat, lively and fun. I could see myself doing something in Las Vegas like the blue man group. Something very modern and fun and loud. Although I do not see myself in this kind of industry, this is what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  32. If i could do anything in the fine arts world, i would be a country singer. I listen to country music all the time, and most of the time you can catch me singing in my car. I love older country such as Garth Brooks, Tim Mcgraw, older Toby Keith, and some new southern rock such as Jason Aldean. This supports my current position in life because I do like country music and like to sing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  33. If I could pick any profession in the performing arts field I would be, without a doubt, a rock star. I want to be great like Elvis without the tassels. Having enough talent to make it big in the music industry is a feat on its own, but being superstar is a life style I think I would defiantly enjoy. I’ve always been curious what it’s like to have that many people look up to you for your abilities. I would also like to party all the time. I want a tour bus full of groupies, a star on Hollywood boulevard, and many a hilltop mansions. I think that hands down if I could snap my fingers and make me anything it would be a rock star that would hands down be the coolest job in the whole wide world.

    ReplyDelete
  34. i would want to be and actor because i think it would be really fun to be an actor and perform infront of a big audiance. i am a shy and quiet person i dont talk to vary many people alot ot stuff like that ant i also think it would be hard to memorize all them lines.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I would be a singer in the opera. The reason i would be a singer in opera because i want to be just like my favorite teacher in the world, Mr. Williams. I really enjoy listening to opera music. It really speaks to my heart and it is something that I have always wanted to do. Opera is such unique form of art in that there is so much depth and passion in the voices of the singers.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Response to Jason Haag:
    I agree with Jason because being able to be a painter could make you a very successful and famous person if you are good enough. Also i don't see myself as an artist either so i don't think i could ever be a painter.

    ReplyDelete
  37. RESPONSE TO JAMES LAUCK:

    Rhodes' response to the blog question definitely makes since because music is not only played in an orchestra but is also a part of Broadway, acting, and can be used as inspiration in the field painting and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Response to Micah Fleet:
    I totally agree with Micah because I am in somewhat of the same shoes he is being an athlete and everything. Also, I have some of the same qualities as he does, for example I used to be and still am somewhat shy about getting up in front of people and singing or acting. Also, the respect of the arts as Micah said is also very important to appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Response to Nathan Allen:

    I agree with Nathan. It is a good dream to want to be in a rock band. I am in his shoes because it is also what I want to do. He is also right when he says that adrenaline rush is huge up on stage. It is one of the best feelings and it is only natural to dream about it.

    ReplyDelete
  40. My response to Mario Gagliano: You would make a good actor and a funny one

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is my add on to my earlier post from yesterday.
    What I found interesting about the fine arts is that there is alot of culture in the fine arts business. And I can learn a lot from being a painter and learning about the culture of fine arts. If I became a painter I would love to be one and it would be awesome to learn about the fine arts.

    ReplyDelete
  42. My response to Patrick Krog:

    You should make a career out of acting. I have seen you act and you do an excellent job on it. Do it!! Act in as many plays as you can in CBHS. Ill come watch you.

    ReplyDelete
  43. My response to Blake Hataway:

    I'd be awesome to see you on stage and I really encourage you to try out for the plays this year. You should give it a shot! It's a great experience and I know you'd have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  44. My response to Carter Fleming:

    I could really see you being a musician. The musicians go out and perform there the music that they love to do. As far as an artist, I could see you making some good sculptures or painting some good pictures. You can draw anything that pops into your head. If you decide to become an artist, you will succeed and the world will know your name.

    ReplyDelete
  45. My response to Andrew Malic:

    I know that you will make it in writing. Last year, the ideas that you told me were great. The different ideas you had really caught my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  46. If I could pick any of the fine arts I would be a professional musician in a classical or symphonic band. I love pretty much any kind of music as long as it is good music not trash. I would want to play any instrument in a modern classical band or in a symphony. The only thing I would not do in the classical band or symphony would be not to sing. I am not a good singer at all and I could not sing loud enough over the loud noise the instruments make in the band during a piece. It would be fun working with the other classical band members in creating a great piece of music. The only downside of being in a classical band I think would be the constant practice of the same piece. But I would much rather be in a classical band or symphony than act in some play. I think playing some kind of instrument would be a lot more entertaining than learning a script and pretending to be somebody else.

    ReplyDelete
  47. My Response to James Lauck:

    I totally agree with him about liking music. I love to listen to any kind of music. I also like his idea of rather being in a band like the Blue Man group. I saw them once and they were pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  48. My response to Amith Arcot:

    I think you could definitely be good in the theater. You have many different personalities and you're a smart kid. If you could find your inner self you could truly have a good role in theater.

    ReplyDelete
  49. If I had to pick an art it would be actor, just for the simple fact that I like to make my friends laugh and when Im being myself I tend to act alot. I used to be very very shy growing up as a child. But I eventually grew out of my shyness and became comfortable around my peers. I just choose to be quiet at school so I can pay attention, just for those that think that I'm super shy. Since I was young I was born to act my mother tried to get me to audition for a couple of movies here in the Memphis area such as Hustle and Flow and the Johnnie Cash movie. I enjoy acting and being in Mr. Williams class has really made me appreciate the arts more.

    ReplyDelete
  50. In reponse to Matt:
    I feel the exact same way,I'm proud you got over your shyness.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Kevin J. Murphy Response to Blog 2
    If I would do any job in the fine arts world, I would probably choose to be a set designer. I would be a set designer because I am good with my hands and so I am good with work that involves anything physical. I think I would enjoy the challenge of creating sets that help the audience to believe that they are wherever the play is supposed to take place, whether that place was Eastern Europe in the cold war era or on a beach on some island. Another reason why I would be a set designer is because I am not a great actor, but I can think about what is going to happen and how it should look and then create it.
    Kevin J. Murphy Response to Blake Hataway
    I agree with Blake that it takes serious guts to go up on stage in front of an audience staring at you and expecting a performance from you, I also agree that being an actor would be a fun challenge for most people. I also think that for people who like attention that kind of job must be worth all the pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Response to Carter Fleming
    I think you could be a great musician if you wanted to be one. Musicians work very hard like you do on the lax field. Being an artist would be fun to express your feelings through sculptures

    ReplyDelete
  53. If I could be any thing in the fine arts it would be an actor because I think that would be the most fun thing to do out of all the fine arts jobs. I think it would be fun to pretend someone your not. There are so many genre's in acting that a person can do like comedic and dramatic and other things. I also would be a musician because music is a great passion of mine. If I played a musical instrument it would be the violin or if you're a country music listener like me it's called the fiddle. I would play the fiddle because it has a great sound and you can do a lot of cool music with the fiddle. I also think I could sing if I practiced at it more because I do not have the best vocals but they are not that bad either. I think I could sing classical opera but I do not know if I could project like they can. There are a lot of fun and interesting things for people to do in the fine arts and its not for everyone but if I put my mind to it and try my hardest I think I could go up on that stage and act, sing, or pay an instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  54. In response to Kevin Murphy
    I agree with kevin because I am a very hands on person and I like to build things also. I would like to make new and interesting backgrounds. I t would be challenging and it would take a lot of hard work, but that's the reason I would like to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Responce to Mr.Graeter
    I think that this fits him very well. whenever I see Cam, he is always singing. He has a very deep voice, but can also hit the high notes. I could very easily see him on stage at a major opera house. He is a beautiful man with a beautiful voice. His voice is like an Angel mixed with Taylor Swift.

    ReplyDelete
  56. If I could be anything at all in the fine arts department I think I would want to be an actor. I think this would be a great occupation to have and be good at. I know being an actor is not easy and it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to be good at it. I have a great deal of respect for actors. If I can be a football player at CBHS I know I could be an actor. To be on the football team you have to have great dedication and put in a lot of hard work to be good at. I have a great deal of respect for actors. People always talk about how easy it is, but I know it is not easy o be a good actor. You have to train hard and try and learn all your lines for a play. Just like football people work night and day to learn their lines and to know what to do on stage. I like to act and pretend to be things that I am not in real life. This is why I would love to be an actor on Broadway some day.

    ReplyDelete
  57. In responce to Colin Cody

    I agree with Colin Cody because I love to make all my friends laugh. I also use to be a shy person to people I did not know. But when I got to high school I grew out of my shyness

    ReplyDelete
  58. In Response to Evin Denmin
    I think that Evin will be a really good actor. I not really that into the fine arts thing too, but acting seems pretty easy from acting class. You should be an actor.

    ReplyDelete
  59. In response to Shaun Ryan:
    I think that Shaun could be a good actor and agree that being an actor is cool because you get to pretend to be someone that you're not for a little while. I would also like to see him playing the fiddle because I think that would be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  60. If i could be anything in the fine arts its would be a musician. Not a classical musician but a musician that does underground indie music. Because with indie music comes a certain aura of coolness the band members acheieve. The clothing they wear is really fresh and i like it.I want to be around that circle of musicians who genuinely love what they do and have a purpose for doing it. I also think that music soothes a persons soul when they hear the right lyrics in a song about a certain situation their going through the person knows their not alone in that circumstance. This supports how I see myself in life,because i actually listen to indie music and do the same things indie musicians do. I wear their same clothing, i make an effort to go and see ever good band that comes to Memphis and Nashvile. I am also in the process of purchasing a beat machine to start making my own beats. So one day maybe in college i'll form my own dorm band and make it on the indie scene too. This supports my love for the arts, because with being indie you have to atleast have interests in some other art forms. I also love fashion, painting, and architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  61. In response to Mr. Merritt Jacks

    I agree with you in being in a classical band, i think it would be very cool to play a classical instrument. I think i would enjoy hear all of the different instruments in action and in sync at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Response to Caylon Thomas-

    I agree with the fact that you aspire to become an indie musician. I personaly only like a little indie music but I still think it would be a cool idea to start a band in college.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Response to Reed Craddock

    I agree with what Reed said. It would be very fun to be a rock star. I do not know anyone who would not want to do something like that. You get to sing and make a fool of yourself in front of thosands of people. All the people in the stadium would be chanting your name. That would be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Response to Chad Steward:

    I think you could be a great Broadway performer. You say you don't have the best voice in the world, but there are plenty of plays that don't have any music in them. Plus, your vibrant personality could be used to act really well.

    ReplyDelete
  65. My response to Shaun Ryan:

    I could definitely see you being an actor. You're always making people laugh. I also think you would have a lot of fun with acting.

    ReplyDelete
  66. If I could be anyone involved in fine arts I would be Andy Warhol. Andy Warhol’s impact on his generation and the society of his time rivals some of the greatest American artists of all time. Through his art, Andy Warhol sparked the pop art movement and, he made his art a part of American culture, which we can still identify to this day. I would be Andy Warhol so that I could impact American culture simply by creating the art I love.
    But as a fairly inartistic person, I cannot see myself creating something with as much artistic significance as Andy Warhol’s work. However, I believe that my wish to be Andy Warhol does support my current image of myself, because I too would like to leave a lasting mark on my generation, whether it be artistically or not.
    My desire to be Andy Warhol certainly supports my opinion of the fine arts. There is no better place to express the feelings of a generation and yourself than the fine arts. The fine arts help to define an era just as Mr. Warhol’s work did. As well as provide enjoyment for the masses, the fine arts are a place for creativity, self-expression, and vision.

    ReplyDelete
  67. If i could do or be anything in the fine arts department... i think i could be a good actor. I make people laugh all the time everyday i guess its just a talent. I think acting would be great for me because it would showcase my versatilty and character which wouldnn't only be limited to one phase. This option of becoming an actor would fit in well with my everyday life because somtimes people want a joke here and there or somethings within those lines.

    ReplyDelete
  68. resonse to c. graeter: honestly i think you would make a great opera singer. A you need to look into the mens chorus it would be a good start for your singing fantasies along side mr.williams.

    ReplyDelete
  69. response to K. Jennings: Acting is an extremely worthwhile endeavor, especially if you like doing it. If you have the skills and like acting, I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Response to Patrick Krog.
    It sounds like you are already a pretty good actor and you should continue to work on it. IF you like the way you are when you act, maybe you should act more like that.

    ReplyDelete
  71. In response to Lyndell "Brown Bear" Mitchell,
    I agree that acting would be your niche in the fine arts world. You always make people laugh and can always make a joke. I think comedic theater would be a good place for you.

    ReplyDelete
  72. If I could choose any profession in the arts I would defenitely choose to be an actor. For one my sister is an actress and I have always gone to her plays and been very interested in what was going on, on and off stage. It seems like a fun profession to have. Another reason I would like acting is not because I think I would be a good actor, but because I have really good work ethic. These are only a few reasons why I would enjoy acting over any other fine arts profession.

    ReplyDelete
  73. My response to Christopher Pietrangelo:

    I say if you have the dream and you have the capability, then go for it. I'm not saying drop school now and dedicate your life to singing, but try to get a band together. There are tons of guys at CBHS that can play an instrument and would be willing to try to play together.

    ReplyDelete
  74. If I could have a certain occupation in the arts I would want to be an actor. Why one might ask. Well because I have always respected actors. Good actors can make anyone in the audience connect and like him in just a couple hours. Other good actors can make you hate him in the same amount of time. This particular talent takes much hard work, dedication, persistence, and patience. I wish to participate in this section of the arts because acting can bring me joy in entertaining others. Creating a piece of work from an actor's standpoint and having people say positive thing about that work is a very very satisfying sensation. It has actually been a long time since the last time I was in any type of performance. I am not a big arts fan compared to many other people. However I do maintain a substantial amount of respect for actors. In my opinion actors must work harder and practice more than most other artists. They must memorize lines, keep composure, and mimic emotions that can be identified by the audience without making it look unnatural. These are the main reasons for my choice in this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  75. RESPONSE TO BROWNING STUBBS

    Yes I could definitely see you as an actor. You have been acting since like the beginning of time. You are probably really good. You should pursue this

    ReplyDelete
  76. If I could be anything in the arts world, I'd probably be a singer; not just a single type of singer, but someone that people came from miles around to hear or ask to be in something for them. I like the way that singers have supreme confidence whenever they're performing any piece of music. I'd like to be on stage commanding an audience's attention using just my voice; I wish I had that skill. Harnessing a natural talent that nobody has ever seen before and being able to command it in such a special way that people want to come just to hear what you have to say or song, that’s something special. I'm terribly self-conscious when it comes to my voice and I only sing when I think nobody can hear me or I'm by myself. I'm a big guy, a football player, a jock, and any other stereotype you'd like to throw my way, but I'd like to be able to sing. I know that the path to being a singer wouldn’t be one that would be easy, but one of hard work where you’d really have to try to stretch your comfort zone and even your voice to its highest level. I hold the arts in the highest esteem, they require hard work, dedication, and a complete mastery of your body; like most sports, the arts require focus and control which I can respect, which is why I can comfortably say that singing would be an art that maybe I could succeed in.

    Response to Mr. Shipley

    Fear is a big nmotivator in anyone's life. The ability to recognize that fear, admit that it is there, and yet still overcome it is one to be admired. I'll tell you this, if I could face one tenth of the things I was scared to do I'd be a completely different person; for you to get on here for everyone to see and admit you were scared of something is a feat to be admired.

    ReplyDelete
  77. ERIC CAIL (Eric... you posted this to the wrong post!)

    I would like to do many things in the Fine Arts such as painting, sculpting, and acting. Which is why i signed up for this class. But the one thing i would like to do the most in the interesting world of Fine Arts, would be to write. I would like to write plays or even novels. My favorite kind of novels to write are love stories like The Notebook. As a teenage boy it is hard to express your emotions without people making fun of you, which is why i enjoy writing. When it comes to writing you can express you thoughts, feelings, and emotions to the fullest extent with out any worries of people judging you. I have always enjoyed writing even at an early age. When i was younger i wrote a book that was about 90 pages. It was about two friends finding a treasure map. They decide to follow the map to find the treasure along the way one of the boys die. The treasure ends up being the gift of life, and the boy is given a second chance at life. In conclusion I can see myself as a writer it already plays a significant role in my life. Through guidance and the proper school I believe I could be a successful writer.
    8/26/10 8:03 PM

    ReplyDelete
  78. ANDREW BERTHOUEX (Andrew... you posted this to the wrong post!)

    I would be a musician in a well known band. I play both the guitar(electric and classical) and i also play drums. I enjoy listening to music and I am also very tech savvy, i know how to use most kinds of computers and make my own music. I am always listening to music, you can ask my friends or family, and I always plan to as long as i possibly can.
    8/25/10 7:51 AM

    ReplyDelete
  79. THOMAS BRUCE (Thomas... you posted this to the wrong post!)

    If i could be anything in fine art it would be a prop builder. I love inventing and building things. Although i lose interest and rarely finish them i find it entertaining. Sometimes when i can't sleep i tear my room apart in an effort to find something with the most potential. And when i get up in the morning i realize all that i managed to do was make a mess. I am currently working on my own man cave. My mom doesn't understand and mr. Williams probably wouldn't either but everyone else will.
    8/26/10 9:27 AM

    ReplyDelete
  80. SHAUN RYAN (Shaun... you posted this to the wrong post!)

    If I could be anything in the fine arts it would be an actor. Ever since I was little i have been able to make people laugh. I was always the funniest person in my family and in the classroom. I have always been good at impersonations and I have always been good at telling jokes. I want to do something in comedy I think making people laugh is one of the best feelings a person can get. I think I would be best in physical comedy, like running into walls breaking and breaking tables. I also maybe could go on to stand up comedy because i have a lot of funny stories. I also can maybe do comedian rapping because I am good at making funny raps about things. I do not think I could really do the drama stuff because I never take anything seriously. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing because then maybe other people wouldn't take me seriously. I also really like music so I could probably try learning an instrument. The music I like though is not really liked by a lot of people and thats country music. I am ok at singing, i mean sometimes I am good but sometimes I am not. Thats pretty much all I would do because I am not really the artsy type. I am more of a sports guy. But maybe if I am taking this class it will get me more interested in arts and music.

    ReplyDelete
  81. If i had to take up and occupation in the fine arts, it would be a spoken word poet (if thats a fine art) of some sort, and an actor. I choose spoken word because I like putting words together and forming them almost into like a story. I can break down situations and problems in so many different ways and just talk about reality. I would also pick an actor because I like expressing myself with my hands and body movements. Ive always wanted to do a play of some sort because when im allowed to act out, I feel like I can just be myself and not worry about what others think.

    ReplyDelete
  82. ANDREW - You put this in the wrong place - read the directions - they DO NOT CLICK ON NEW POST - at the top. You did not read the directions... August 30, 2010

    If I could be anyone in the fine arts world I would be a actor. Well I really would like to be Will Farrell. I love him he is so funny and I feel like if anyone can do the things he can they are really outgoing with there life. That is the way I want to be when I am up in front of my class when I am acting. Well in my life I am pretty out going and love to cut up and make a fool of my self. But it is just something about me doing it in front of my class that gets me kinda nerves. But I just don't no why because I am not nerves to act with my friends and cut up. But I think it is just because I am going to be acting with people a really don't feel all that close to li I feel with my friends. Well I just think that I an going to make the people laugh like I make my friends. So I am just going to watch Will Farrell and he is never nerves to do any thing so why should I be it is all just a good time. So that is how I am going to look at this hole acting thing. So that is what I am going to try to do.
    1 comments Posted by Andrew Turner at 8:31 PM

    ReplyDelete
  83. IF YOU COULD do or be anything in the fine arts world - what what it be or who would you be? Why do you say that? How does this support or conflict with how you currently see yourself in your life and your opinion of the arts? BE SURE to answer all the parts of this question.
    Well for a while now i have been thinking to my self i wander if i could be a good actor and secretly its somthing i have wanted to do for a while now but never found the tiime to because of all of the football that i have been doing after school. acting has been a huge intrest of mine becuse i feel like i can talk prity easily in front of people and i realy dont give a rats !@# about what people think about me. I grew up watching saturday night live i i thought that that was the coolest job in the world to have. watching chris farly and jim carry do the most outlandish acts cracked me up and still do to this day. So I realy want to act badddd. I tatted foooo "reason"

    ReplyDelete
  84. If I could do anything involving the fine arts I would be… an actor. Even though I get stage fright I’m sure I would enjoy acting on stage. While I may not have any talent, I’m sure that I could get better with time, study, and practice. I used to always think that I have no talent for acting, but a few times I’ve seen myself doing good work on stage. I still have stage fright though, well… more like afraid of looking really stupid or caught saying the wrong thing.
    I don’t see myself as an actor in the future but I’m sure I could be one if I tried as hard as I could. I’m not an outgoing person and I’m very cautious and keep to myself often. Traits I don’t see an actor having much of, but that’s what makes it so great. Coming out of my shell can be a fun thing, but at the same time if I was to have a bad experience out of my shell, I would be less likely to come back out and be like that.
    I used to see acting as a simple thing, but now I see how hard it can be for a person to, not only remember everything he has to do, but to carry out the actions and emotions that must be done for each part. And carry everything out as flawlessly as possible for the purpose of telling a story or for the purpose of entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Response to Patrick Knight:
    I am very convinced that Patrick would be an excellent actor. He does have a good work ethic as he mentioned. That's really cool that his sister is an actress and that he'd like to become an actor.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.