THE RULES of THIS BLOG SITE

Any response that uses inappropriate language, content, or anything else that Mr. Williams would deem offensive will receive an automatic grade of "0" with no hope for resubmitting the post. You are expected to respond in a mature and Godly fashion. Content can talk about topical things (drugs, drinking, relationships, family, sex, God, emotions, etc.), but the delivery of the information should be in such a manner that well represents yourself, your parents and family, CBHS, Mr. Williams, and most importantly, God. I really look forward to your posts. -- Mr. Williams

September 20, 2010

Acting I Blog 6

DUE WEDNESDAY 9/22/10 BY 8:00 AM! For directions, please visit BLOG6 at the CBHS Theatrical & Choral Academic Activities website. I look forward to your posts!

83 comments:

  1. 1.My life right now would be described best as a comedy. My life would be described as a comedy because im having fun and not really taking things serious im just living life to the fullest and loving every minute of it.

    2. if i could choose one character from a movie that would best describe me i wiould have to choose Matthew McConaughey's role as Wooderson in dazed and confused. i would pick wooderson bbecause we both like to creep on younger girls and just have a good time man.

    3.In the game of life one emotion that is so difficult for me to express would have to be fear. Since im a professional UFC fighter itss hard for me to back down so i am constantly hiding my fear from everyone i trust.

    4.in my opinion i feel as if i would do best in a comedy just because its more laid back and i could have a good time with it instead of all seriousness.

    5.the emotion that would be most succesful for me on stage would be happiness because it comes by so natural for me and my bros.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The term that I would use to describe my life right now would be dramedy, which is a mixture of drama and comedy. The reason I would use this term would be because I am in the last part of my teenage years, about to turn 18. Many of the aspects in our life right now are happy and can be funny,but then again most of the relationships with women and other extra curriculars we participate in can cause drama and be very stressful. If I were to compare myself to a character from a movie, then I would compare myself to Will Ferrel. The reason I would compare myself to Will Ferrel is because I am always acting goofy or looking goofy, but then again I can make people laugh. Also, I can portray a serious scene, even though it might seem awkward for some people to imagine me portraying one of those roles. One of the emotions that I struggle with showing openly is probably going to be sadness. I always tend to hold all my anger in. In some cases, the anger will overcome me and I will just let it all out at one time, which is not a good thing necessarily. I need to work on expressing myself when I am mad so therefore I wont have a bunch of anger built up inside to put a damper on my day. I think I would do best in a dramedy type performance also. The reason I would is because I am in that type of lifestyle right now, because I am a teen and many of the dramatic things happen to humans during there teenage years, or this is when they first encounter them. I also would be good with tragedy maybe because all of the sports that I participate in require me to be serious and sometimes the outcome of the events do not always come out the way I would like them to.I couldnt decide which one I would be best because I do not have experience really in the acting field so it is really hard for me to tell. The emotion that I think I would be best at portraying on stage would probably be intensity. The reason I would be good at this is because it comes naturally to me and I have to use this emotion everyday in practice or other activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life right now is described best as a comedy. Me life is like a comedy because it is pretty easy and relaxed right now. I do not have many responsibilities and my parents do a lot for me. I go to school til around two. Then am free to do whatever I want. On the weekends I get to watch football and relax and I do not have a job. I worked during the summer so that I could relax all year during the school year.

    2. If I were to pick a charactor from a movie to describe myself it would be don from dazed and confused. Despite the fact he is on the football team, he likes to go out on the weekend and chase girls. This is also what I like to do. He doesnt have a job like me and his life is pretty easy at the moment.

    3. The emotion i have a tough time displaying is sadness. Sadness is seen as a weakness for most men and so people do not show it regularly. IT is easy for some to show sadness and it is hard for others. I do not have much to be sad about right now and ussually am a happy person. But when those sad times come i am not good at displaying sadness.

    4. I think I would do best ina comedy or tradegdy on stage. I am a happy and easy going guy and those are ussually the people that play in comedys. I also can be serious if need be for a tradegy.

    5.I think my emotion of happiness would be the best for me on stage. This emotion would be fun to play and easy. It would be fun becasue everyone likes to be happy. It would be easy because it comes natural to me. Thier would not be much effort involved.


    Resonse to Sam: I agree with same about our lives being a comedy. It is a easy and fun part of life that everon eis trying to live to the fullest. I do not think sam is a ufc fighter. He does not have much fear from ehat i can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reponse to Mathias Murphy:Matt i really like how you compare yourself to Will Ferrell even tho you have red hair. He makes me laugh, you make me laugh, this my first blog so yeah thats whats up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Response to Geory:
    I agree with the fact that you like to go out and chase girls. I really respect that and wish you the best of luck. Also, I agree that sadness is really hard for a man to show. Although, "Only real men cry"-Mr. Williams

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) In my life right now I would have to say that I am more in the direction of comedy at this point in my life or at least I would like to think that I am in that stage in my life. I think this because for the most part I do not get upset, and I am generally pretty happy.

    2) I would say that the character from a television show or a movie that best describes me or that I have the most in common with would have to be Cory from Boy Meets World. I would have to say this because he is just a guy living his life day by day and doesn't always like what is going on but he gets past it. We both also don't seem to let much get us down and when we are down we aren't down for long.

    3) In life the emotion I have the hardest time showing would have to be disappointment. Whenever someone or something disappoints me I tend not to show it or if it's a person I don't let them know that I'm disappointed. I don't know why I don't show this emotion, I have just never really been able to share this emotion with others.

    4) I think that I would be best at dramedy because I like comedy more than anything else but I also know those people who insist on having drama in their lives which ends up running into my life. And through the drama that they bring I still find comedy.

    5) I think that the emotions that would be easiest for me on stage would be comedy, tragedy, and dramedy. I think these things because everyone has been involved in their share of tragedy and drama in their life and so have I. I also tend to see the good side of things and when I am in a good mood I can be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Response to Geordy:
    I like how you referred to Dazed and Confused because that is a very funny movie. I would also agree that it is hard to show sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. I took me awhile to deliberate exactly which genre I fit in best, but I would have to say at this specific moment in time, my life seems like quite a tragedy. Most people would find me pathetic when I say I still like my ex-girlfriend even though we’ve been apart for nearly three years (and in this last year I couldn’t contact her by law). I don’t exactly know why, but I worry about her more then I worry about my own self. I know it’s detrimental to my health, but it simply a habit I can’t break. My worrying about her makes it impossible for me to sleep soundly and I’m enveloped by an impenetrable blanket of stress. I hate sleeping because I dream about her, and, really in the end, not sleeping is just as bad because I think about her anyway. I try to act happy all the time; I don’t want people to feel sorry for me. I also don’t want my parents to know I still think about her, they like to call her the source of all my problems and they don’t know that when they say that, it actually hurts me too.

    2. I feel the best character that could describe me as a person is Doug MacRay from the newly released movie The Town. A lot of people would find it strange that I picked him, but he’s stuck in a dilemma I feel I can relate to. His line of work as a bank and armored truck robber conflicts with his romantic feelings for Claire (who happens to be his crew’s first hostage). Eventually he decides to change his life, but he’s already forced into something he doesn’t want to do. Having to be on the look-out all the time is something I’ve grown used to, it’s illegal for me to contact her and it forces me to do what I don’t want to do as well. I hate having to avoid her and watch out for her because that’s simply not how I am. I’ve learned to live with the reputation of a bad guy (since rumors spread like wildfire). Like Doug, my obligations conflict with the things I love and our ‘criminal’ reputations portray us as someone we’re not.

    3. Happiness. Happiness is the hardest emotion for me to show simply because I’ve faked it for so long. Now, whenever I feel happy, I’m not sure whether or not it’s genuine or artificial and it really worries me. I don’t like the idea of people worrying about me when they really shouldn’t. All the troubles I have I’ve brought upon myself and no amount of self-pity or pity from other people will fix them.

    4. Working in a tragedy would probably be my forte because I can easily portray sadness and anger at any time.

    5. Sadness would be extremely successful for me, I feel it all the time, so it shouldn’t be too hard to transfer onto stage with some other (artificial) reason for me to be sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1) My life would best be classified as a mixture of drama and comedy. Life is full of drama regardless of your actions, but I try to avoid it as much as possible. I often try to make the best of bad situations and try to add as much humor as possible in my life.
    2) I am probably most like Charlie from the T.V. show, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Although my decisions may not be the best or smartest, they are always with good intentions.
    3) I think most high school men would agree with me that being sad would be the hardest emotion to show on stage. Most guys try to hide their emotions and would have lots of trouble openly showing it.
    4) Drama would be the easiest to act out because our everyday lives are full of it and we could relate to it easily.
    5) The easiest emotion for me to present on stage would be sadness. I think it is an easy emotion to replicate and does not take too much skill. All you would have to do it to sulk and talk in a much lower volume than you usually do.

    In response to Jason- I agree that dissapointment is a hard emotion to show. Most guys just try to hide it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Response to Nathan Allen : I have to agree with Nathan on his view of his own life I feel my life is also a mixture of drama and comedy.

    1. Adolescence is a difficult time for all parties involved. For parents worrying about their kids and for kids having to deal with the stress and difficulties of fitting in, in the tough setting that is high school. I believe the theatrical genre that relates most to my life is a dramedy. Our high school lives are a clear mix of drama in fighting with our friends and parents and the comedy of going out on a weekend and making the stupid decisions everyone expects us to make.
    2. If I was to pick one character that best describes how I am as a person or a type of person I aspire to be it would be House from the TV show House. His ability to solve problems in the medical field is something I’d like to be able to do in the future. He is also able to clearly discern whether what being told to him is real or false showing a high value of common sense and reasoning.
    3. I would have trouble showing most emotions in a play. I feel like portraying fake emotion is hard for me to accomplish and usually don’t do well. If I were to choose one emotion it would be anger.
    4. I would probably be best suited for a drama or comedy. I feel a dramatic act even though it includes anger would be much easier than some other choices.
    5. Happiness and sadness would probably be the best emotions I could portray on stage. Sadness can be easily imitated with remembrance of a past hardship and happiness is one of the easiest emotions to display.

    ReplyDelete
  11. #1
    I'd have to say that. right now, my life is a dramedy--a mixture of drama and comedy. But what is dramatic for me is probably not nearly as dramatic for somebody else who has their own life to worry about. Things in my life seem over-dramatized because it is me who is living through them and being affected by them. For example, trying to get through school with decent grades and getting to college is my goal right now; it is pretty dramatic for me, but it wouldn't make a good play. Also, it seems comedic that I am living in the 21st century when I know I would have been much better suited for the 1800's. I am constantly reminded of this when all of the new technology (which I have nothing to do with) cames out and everyone tries to grab it. It'll be interesting to see how far I can go with this mentality.
    #2
    A character that I think I share a lot of characteristics with is the outlaw Josey Wales. Bold and contrary, bitter towards society, frowned upon and hated, but absolutely right. He doesn't care what anybody else thinks, he just does what he has to do to get things done.
    #3
    Sadness is the emotion that I have the most trouble showing in public. I've always believed in the term "bite the bullet." If something makes me sad, I don't look for sympathy. This builds character and mental discipline. I've always thought of showing sadness as airing dirty laundry in public. I don't really think other poeple should have to deal with my problems.
    #4
    I would probably do comedy best out of all of these choices. I think it is probably the easiest to do. Plus, people like it a lot. This way, I wouldn't have to memorize all of the sad, dramatic lines that re required in dramas and tragedies. I am better at a simple, more direct way of doing things.
    #5
    I think that anger would be the easiest emotion for me to display on stage. I can identify with this emotion and it is pretty easy to feel, especially for a teenage guy. Some yelling, scowling, waving my arms, maybe a fight--that's really all it takes and I think that I could do it better tahn any of the other emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. My life would be a dramedy. It is a mixture of comedy and drama. It is what most teenage boys expeirence. There is both comedy and drama in family, school, and social life. For example, I work really hard to make good grades, but school is funny. People make funny jokes in a real serious enviorment.
    2. I would be the main character in The Sandlot. He is new in town and has to make new friends. He makes new friends by playing sports. I have moved 5 times since I was born so I always had to make new friends. I made my friends playing sports too. We have a lot in common.
    3. I struggle to show a serious sadness. I always would rather be laughing then crying. I know life needs both, but I dont like feeling vunerable. People feel vunerable when they are crying, and other people make fun of them. I would not be able to make a serious sad speech on stage or in life.
    4. I think would be best in a comedy. I wouldn't enjoy a serios play. I would have people laughing. The only thing to worry about is either the writing is funny or not. Everybody has fun during a comedy.
    5. I would like to be funny on stage. I would rather have the audience laughing rather than crying. It is better to have a laugh when you are on stage, it gives you condfidence. Comedies would be better. I would rather be happy and funny.
    RESPONSE: JASON HAAG
    I totally agree with Jason on be a comedic. He is funny and I see that happening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1) I would say dramedy is what best describes me in my life right now. I laugh all the time and I make jokes about everything. I even make jokes about myself. It is just a natural thing. I am probably one of the goofiest and funniest guys anyone could ever meet. I make jokes constantly and every word I say it makes someone laugh. It just comes naturally. The drama part comes within the family and friends. Most of the time is the family that’s why I stay as far away and as less time as I can away from the family. Arguments always start at the house. Ever since my senior year started, I am barely home. I get out the house at 7:30 in the morning, and I don’t get back until 6 on Mondays, 930 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 630 on Wednesdays and 12 on Fridays. On the weekends, I have a busier schedule. I get up at 8 in the morning, cut the yard until 10 and then leave the house to go to work at the Liberty Bowl from then till 9 or 10 at night. On Sundays I wake up and head off to practice from 1 till 4. That’s how my schedule is and I try as hard as I can to stay away from the family.
    2) I would pick Holden Caulfield from the novel Catcher of the Rye. The reason why I say this is because in the whole story Holden only wants to escape from school and go out to the real world and enjoy his life. Same thing as me, but I actually enjoy school. I would choose school anytime of the day than staying at home with the family.
    3) I don’t think I am any emotions to actually show, but I do get extremely mad when someone mentions the name of one of my family members. I just hate to be around my friends and then my friends mention my older sister’s name. That name pisses me off the most. I am not protective of my sisters. If you are associated with them, you shouldn’t be my friend. I just hate them to the max. It’s like some of us who hates MUS guys. That’s how much hatred I have on my family.
    4) I would say mostly drama, but if there are scenes with me and my friends hanging around and doing our things we do on the weekends, then its comedy. The drama is because of the family, but like I said, I stay as much time away from my family as I can.
    5) The most successful emotion for me on stage is probably laughing and making jokes the whole time. I make jokes in every sentence of my conversation with someone. It’s just me and people enjoy it.

    My response to Nathan Allen:
    I totally agree with Nathan about showing his emotions such as sadness. You can be really sad sometimes Nathan. I have been through the hard times with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The emotion that would most likely decrinbe who I am is dramady. this is a mixture of comedy and drama. I think that I am very funny and i like to have fun and joke around, but ican be serious when i need to be.

    The actor that would most likely represent who I am would be will farel when he played frank the tank in old school. this is because he is a fun, fun loving guy that likes to hang out wiht his friends and likes to do ritht by them, but is a little crazy. And i don't mind to get crunk and enjoy some late night streeking.

    The emotion that I most struggle with is fear. I am like a stone wall when it comes to fear, and showing our emotions. But the truth is that i am scaresd or scary movies and spiders.

    I think that I would be best at comedy, because it would most likely fit my personality and it is what i am good at and confortable with .

    the emotions that i would be good at on stage would be anger,because I like to yell.

    ReplyDelete
  17. responce to Max chang, max, this is a beautiful post i really enjoyed reading this. I am reading catcher in the rhy now for outside reading, so I will get back to you with that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1. If I had to choose, it would be dramedy. My teenage life brings the comedy and my family life brings the drama. My life is a tornado right now. It all seems to wrap in one though.
    2. I would be Dennis Quaid in The Rookie. Everyone underestimated him and thought nothing of him and he surprised everyone. I am the same way in baseball.
    3. It is hard for me to show fear. For some reason I just act normal when I'm really scared. My insides hurt, but my outside emotions never change.
    4. I would be best in a comedy. I think I am pretty funny, and I could use it on stage.

    5.I wish I could show sadness on stage. It looks like I could be a sad person, and it would work well for me. It wouldnt be awkward or embarassing for me to show it and I think it would be easy.


    Response to Max chang: I agree that you are very goofy. You are also very funny. I could also see you as being Holden. Ya'll compare alot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 1) At this point in my life I would have to say that dramedy would best fit the way I am living. There is a lot of drama between decisions for college and everything else that goes on in your senior year of high school. I would say that a lot of my life at this point is also like a comedy though because all of my friends are funny and are always making jokes. I would say that this form of comedy and also the ironic comedy that comes with it would combine with the drama to make a dramedy.
    2) I would say that one of my favorite characters in television, Booth, who is in the series Bones would best describe me at this time in my life. He is a very masculine person who is very comfortable with his life and is very cocky in everything he does. He may not be the smartest person but he is smart enough to get everything done that needs to be done.
    3) I would say that the emotion that i struggle the most with is fear. I don't like to show to anyone that I am afraid of anything. Not only does it show what you are vulnerable to but it also shows that you are not able to handle everything and can be weakened.
    4) I think I would be the best at comedy because usually in comedy you don't show many serious emotions. I am not very emotional or good at showing my emotions so drama would obviously not fit me. Comedy would be the easiest because you just have fun making fun of other people.
    5) Although I am not very good with emotions and have stated this multiple times I would say that the easiest emotion to portray on stage would have to anger because I was known as a hot head as a little kid. This would be easy because anger comes naturally to me.

    Response to James Lauck:
    I agree with Rhodes. Rhodes already makes everyone laugh in class and outside of school; why not also put that skill to work on stage.

    ReplyDelete
  20. In my life, my genre would be a dramedy. There are some funny moments and some dramatic moments. Most of the time in school, a lot of school is drama. You have to do homework and tests and it turns into a lot of drama. On the weekends, I like to have fun and laugh. This weekend, I went to Oxford to the Ole Miss game and I met this really funny guy who sold us tickets to the game. When I returned to Memphis during the night, I went to the Memphis Tigers game. What do you know, I saw the same guy again. It was funny and it was a highlight of the weekend.

    I could relate to Ron Burgundy from Anchorman because I am a friendly person and can be funny. Also, I can help my friends out and be a leader around my school like Burgundy is to the news station. He is funny and he has some good quotes. I relate to him in that way and I think I would be perfect to be similar to.

    The emotion that I struggle with is being comfortable when it comes to showing it opening and being honest to people in your life. At school, I am comfortable in the classes that I have friends with. When I play sports against the other team, I have the motivation that it is me against the world. Around the family, I am comfortable. On stage, it can be tough to get comfortable with your role or with the other people. I struggle a little with that, but as I get more practice, I get comfortable.
    I think comedy would be the best theatrical work that suits my life. I love to have a good time with friends, family, girls, teammates, and other people close to me in my life. It's always good to laugh and I can do that all the time.
    On stage, I have played a handful of roles that had multiple emotions. Comedy suits me best since I have played a nerd and a little annoying kid who loved Santa. I have been in a drama and I really can succeed at that. I would love to be a in a horror play and to be the killer or the person running. I feel that I could go crazy attacking someone or running from the killer. If there was a play like the movie Scary Movie, which has all three of those emotions, then I would be very successful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Response to Corbin Carter:

    I agree that you live a dramedy, a lot of teeenagers do. I love Dennis Quaid in the rookie. He is the perfect example for you. I look up to him in that movie and he really was a good person that achieved his dream.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 1) My life is really most likely a dramedy. There is a lot of funny stuff that goes on in my life, mixed in with a whole lot of drama. If something bad ever happens, I eventually fin a way to laugh at it hopefully. The majority of my time at school is Comedy, with a little drama; and my time at home would be half and half.
    2) If I had to pick one character from any show or movie, it would have to be Edward P. Dowd from the movie Harvey. Edward is an extremely laid back man. He likes to take things slow and enjoy life. He never has to work because of the enormous sum of money he has been left, so all he does all day is be friendly. He goes to the bar and socializes, and he gives his "card" to everyone he meets. In the movie, we never get to see his card, but it is strange because he has no job or anything, he just gives people cards with what one would assume would just have his name on it. I associate him with me because I am laid back and like to enjoy life.
    3) I would have to go with love on this one. I am usually a very withdrawn person who hides his emotions, and love is one which has almost become a sign of weakness in American culture, and has therefore become one which I do not easily portray. Love is the one emotion that I have for many people, but do not often let them know it as much as I should.
    4) I think I do I would do best in Comedy. I like to make people laugh and I like to laugh myself. When I see people laughing from something I did purposefully to make them laugh, it makes me feel good inside.
    5) Strangely, I think that anger would be easiest for me to portray on stage, even though it has nothing to do with comedy usually. I am extremely good at getting angry, if that makes sense. I get angry easily and don't often show it, so when someone asks me to get mad, I have a ton of anger bottled up inside to push out. Other than that I would be good at being happy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Response to B. Stubbs.
    I aggree that trying to be comfortable when you aren't is really hard. I pretty much agree with everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 1.My life right now is a dramedy because of the struggles with school and parents. It's a drama because my parents are always on my back about being more responsible. It really makes me mad sometimes but i've learned to take it as constructive criticism. It's a comedy because i've been doing some really stupid stuff lately with friends. Another way its a drama is the suspense of hoping to get good SAT scores.

    2. I'd be Creasy from Man on Fire, a very misunderstood man, who means well but doesnt know how to express himself well all the time.

    3. I'd say anger because I dont know why but i can't express myself when i'm angry and people think I just laugh stuff off when i'm actually really pissed and want to tell them off.

    4.I think i'd do drama really well, because i'm naturally in a mellowed out person. I think i would be good at playing someone whose really serious and really stubborn.

    5.Stubborness, anger, because i'm used to being stubborn and I say anger because I'll be able to express myself with a given role.

    ReplyDelete
  25. In response to Nathan Tarver: I agree with your dramedy that goes with college apps and the whole senior year experience. Really stressful with a bunc of people breathing down your neck.

    ReplyDelete
  26. 1.) My life right now is a drama. With the balancing of school and football, trying to get into college and worrying about the future. The stress in my life is what make life such a drama for me.
    2.) The character that would describe me best would be julius from "remember the titans" because he is strong willed and is not certain of what he wants to accoomplish in life.
    3.) The emotion that is hardest to show and im am not open with is sensativity. From a physical sense i am big soo most people find it strange that I can be sensative.
    4.)I think i would do drama becuase of the ups and downs i have in my life.
    5.) i think the emotion of frustration and anger would best be described on stage because of the stress times of college and senoir year in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  27. 1. If I were to describe my life through a play it would have to be a dramady. This is because I find myself in all sorts of dilemmas these days and most of the time when I get out of them it ends up being really funny. Though I have my own problems at home I do have a lot of fun with friends and live life to the fullest almost everyday.
    2. If I had to pick a character from a movie to describe my life it would have to be Evan in superbad. Not because I go to drinking parties or am really awkward , just because he finds himself in stupid situations and only has his friends to rely on to get him out.
    3.The one emotion that I have the hardest time showing is anger. Though for a lot of people anger is easy I just don't have the ability to stay angry at someone. Not that its a bad thing to be more mellow about things but people do take advantage of it.
    4. I think that the theater I would be best at would be comedy. Thisf is because when I am around friends I can loosen up and actually be pretty funny, but I don't know If I could actually be funny on stage infront of a lot of people.
    5. On stage the best emotion I could portray would have to be happiness because normally I am a very happy and energetic person.
    Response to Sam McGowan
    I agree with Sam that his life would have to be a comedy because he is normally a funny and relaxed guy to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  28. 1. Right now my life would be described as dramedy. My mom is always trying to be in my business and it really annoys me and causes a whole lot of conflict between us. But at the same time a lot of funny things happen in my ever day life which is fun and helps me get through the day.

    2. A character that i think best decribe myself would be Vincent Chase from Entourage. I love that show and the reason i believe im like him is because he likes to have a good time all the time. He enjoys the prescence of the opposite sex and whenever he needs to really get something done he can do it.

    3. The emotion that is hardest for me to show is probably the fact that i do care about things even though i dont really show it.

    4. The thing that i would probably be best at would be comdedy because i cannot help but be a smart as* sometimes. And i also enjoy being sarcastic which is pretty funny i guess...

    5. My emotion that i would show the best would be happiness. I am a happy person almost all the time and enjoy smiling and having a good time and being happy is just natural too me. Its always good to be optimistic in some way whatever consequences are at hand.

    Response to Caylon: My mom is always on me about being more responsible i feel your pain

    ReplyDelete
  29. My response to Paul Banks:

    Dude, I can totally relate. My parents harp on me all the time and it gets to the point where I just don't really want to listen anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  30. 1. At the current moment, I would describe my life as a dramedy. Everything is hectic, with the process of college applications and planning for the future serving as a burden on my shoulders. However, I'm having fun as a senior in high school, which is very important as well. As Shakespeare says, "to thine own self be true." Although I seem to be preoccupied with the hassles of life, I'm staying true to who I am.

    2. Quite frankly, I'm not much of a movie person, so I honestly cannot think of a serious (e.g. NOT Ricky Bobby) character that best represents me. However, I feel that my life written in dialogue would be a best-seller, either in written or motion picture form, as I have gone through countless trials and tribulations to arrive where I am now.

    3. I often find that I struggle to express my sad emotions; when I'm sad, I tend to hold everything inside until it spews out in a flaming burst of anger and fury. My excuse for this is the conceived notion that people don't care about how I feel, especially in regards to sadness. As I have discovered through a recent relationship with a girl, it is necessary for me to express my true feelings as they happen and not wait until they build up inside and spew out in exaggeration.

    4. Although I like to be funny (or at least attempt to do so), perhaps the most suitable form of theatre for me is drama. I am good at "faking serious," meaning that I can take a completely absurd topic (e.g. the Earth revolves around the Moon) and make it sound sincere. This pertains to drama because most drama tends to be, in a sense, silly (I say this because the audience usually thinks "why would they get angry over THIS?").

    5. In consideration to my above thoughts, I believe that I would excel at portraying anger, seriousness, and joy. I would struggle with portraying sadness, but with hard work I could eventually overcome my struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  31. In response to Lyndell:

    Julius from Remember the Titans is the PERFECT character for you. Constant drive to succeed, yet uncertain about himself... not to say you're insecure, but based on your post you seem to be skeptical of your future.

    ReplyDelete
  32. 1. The one that seems to describe me most are both. Comedy plays a part in my life because I’m a teenager and I like to laugh and have fun. And I like to see other people do funny things. Also drama plays a big part in me because like I said I’m a teenager going through changes and problems. Parents get on my nerves and all and school just frustrates me.
    2. I would have to say I’m like Larry the Cable Guy. The reason is because I’m country for one, then he likes to make fun of things and laugh like I do, and he is just a cool person to be around because he can make you laugh like I can.
    3. The emotion I struggle with the most has to be sadness I can’t show sadness in front of my friends because it just isn’t me. I can show sadness but around the people that know me the best and that have been my friends forever because people will rarely see me cry or show sadness.
    4. I think I would do comedy and drama well because I understand those and have experienced them in life so I would be able to depict them and be able to play them in real life.
    5. On stage I think the emotions I can do most successful are happy and mad. These are the easiest but also I have experienced them and I can control those unlike other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  33. To Andrew Lindemann:
    I understand what your saying life can be hetic as a teenager and it can be fun at times but most of the time it is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  34. 1. My life right now would be a comedy because I like to joke around and have fun. Sometimes I can be stressed about things but most of the time I try to stay a teenager and not take everything in my life to seriously. I like to joke around and make people laugh because it is fun to do things like that.

    2. I think the best character for me is Chris Farley in Black Sheep. I think this because I am a big person who likes to make people laugh and have fun and I do not take myself too seriously. In addition, Chris Farley in Black Sheep is a person who is not the sharpest tool in the shed but he means well and he tries to do good things for people. I also think that is a quality I have.

    3. The emotion that I struggle with in public is sadness. I do not know why that is I just cannot show it. When people say mean things I just shrug it off like it does not bother me and sometimes that is not the case.

    4. I think I would best be in a comedy on stage because I like to be funny and make others laugh. In addition, I would do comedy because if I tried to do drama or something like that I would probably laugh because I do not take anything seriously.

    5. The best emotion I could do on stage would be happiness because I am always happy and I think it would be the easiest emotion for e to do. Also I could maybe do anger because I am re3ally good at faking anger

    ReplyDelete
  35. 1) I would categorize my life as a comedy. My life is like a comedy because I love to laugh at just about anything. I always am striving to have a good time as well as have fun.
    2)Probably the character in Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy factory is the most similar to me. This show comes on every day on MTV2. Rob Dyrdek always likes to have fun and so do I. He enjoys riding in fast cars and so do I.
    3) The emotion that I would probably struggle with the most would be showing saddness and crying on stage in front of a group of people. I am just not sad all the time to be used to showing it in front of a group of people.
    4) Out of the categories you provided me comegy would be the best theatrical work that I could act on stage. I can imitate people well as well as their voices.
    5) The most successful emotion that I could act out on stage would be happyness. I am alsways happy so being happy on stage would be the earsiest for me.

    Response to James Lauk: Yeah you definitely are like Will Farrel in Old School. You are funny like him.

    ReplyDelete
  36. In response to Ausitn
    I agree that a teeagers life can be filled with drama ecause you have to juggle school with sports and everything else in between. I also agree that sadness is one of the hardest emotions to let people see.

    ReplyDelete
  37. The stage of life I'm in right now would be more of a comedy and drama time i would have to say right now. Its comedic because I'm in my last year of high school, which can also be sad in some ways, but I feel as if Im at the top of the totum pole right now in school. I've finally earned my rank and I'm a leader at CBHS. My life also shows drama right now because I am almost finished with high school and I'm almost on my own in this world and I'm about to be able to finally show the world my gifts and talents, plus its nerve racking struggling to find out what school I'm go to be attending next year.

    If I would relate myself to tv show character right now honestly I would have to say spongebob, because not everyone gets spongebob and most of the things come out of his mouth are stupid and witty. Also I find myself to be very humorous and amusing and I have alot of character and I can just relate to him.

    In this stage of my life its hard to show people the dramatic side because I dont want people to see me struggle with what school I'm going to or my grades or if I'm going to play basketball or not this year, which everyone keeps asking me and does not make my decision any easier.

    I think I can do all aspects of theature because their was a time in my life were all I wanted to do was act and be on stage and I've left most of that in my past so I think i would be best to follow suit as to show comedy on stage and I believe I could do drama and also tragedies because i just think that would be a cool emotion to show on stage. Plus anyone can be funny when their nervous on stage and i would just like to explore my boudaries and try to let people see another side of me with me being a more serious person.

    ReplyDelete
  38. in response to lyndell I completely understand your situations toward sports and school picking it sucks that our desicions aren't going to get any easier any time soon. But i hope we both pick places that are best for us.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The term that I would use to describe my life right now would be dramedy, which is a mixture of drama and comedy. I would say this because my life is both always serious in sports and school, or having fun and making jokes outside of school.
    2 If I had to compare my life to anyone movie or television show it would be Worm from Coach Carter. I say I am like him because he is the character that always makes his teammates laugh on and off the court, and I feel like I do that. Also, Worm is hardheaded, and I get told i am hardheaded almost everyday of my life.
    3. The emotion that I do not show is sympathy. I get mad a lot in practice at my teammates and I do not always have sympathy for them. I need to work on this because it will help me and the team become together as one.
    4. I could probably do best in comedy because I like to have a good time, and I always make my friends laugh. To help out a comedy better, I would have to adapt to make other people laugh that I normally wouldn’t.
    5. My best emotion that would be showed on stage is anger. I say this because I get mad a lot during practice, and on stage it would be natural to act it out. The only problem when I get angry is a cuss too much.

    Response to Mitchell Sexton: I agree with you on how you are like the kid from Sandlot because when I met you I met you through basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  40. 1. If I were to choose a genre to describe my life I would pick dramedy. For me it is mostly comedy, but every once in a while there will be some drama. Drama is at school with homework, tests, or teachers and also at home with your family when you get into an arguement with them and don't talk to them. Comedy comes into play every day of my life. It might be if I am watching a show on tv or I see a video on the computer. Also I have fun times with my friends joking around and having fun.
    2. If I were to relate myself to a character in a movie I would pick Thomas from The Ringer. Thomas is an awsome guy. He is friendly, funny, loveable, and part of the gang. We both say random things that makes everyone laugh and happy. Also when i put goggles on I somewhat look like him.
    3. The emotion I struggle with the most is sadness. No one ever likes being sad, especially if you are with your firends.
    4. I think I would best fit in with a comdey work. i would have the best time performing in front of people and making them smile.
    5. The emotions best for me on stage would be happiness. That is the emotion I express the most and it is never fun acting sad.

    Response to Shaun:
    I think you are just like Chris Farley by making people laugh all the time

    ReplyDelete
  41. I should say I am on more of the comedy side because I am none of the other ones. I always try to make the best out of everything and most things turn out to be funny. If I had to pick one person that describes me I think it would be Superman, pretty much because I have all of the physical qualities he does. I defiantly have problems showing drama because I do not like facing bad problems I have face to face. I think I would be best at comedy because that would be more of me being me and I think I would feel a lot more comfortable up on stage. It would make me very uncomfortable if I had to do something like drama because that is not my comfort zone. It would stress me out very badly to do this because I for sure not comfortable with that. I really hope I can just stick to doing comedy on stage and that will make me feel a lot better because I am very worried about what I will look like doing the other aspects of acting up on stage. I am very very not good at the other things.

    ReplyDelete
  42. chad: i think your like Chris Farley, but your normal sized

    ReplyDelete
  43. 1.
    Right now, I would say that my life is most like a comedy. I’m not really confronted with much drama at all. If anything bad happens to me I just try to get over it as fast as I can and get back to the comedy. I think I’m really happy with my life right now and I have a lot of time to joke around with people. I’m rarely serious, unless the matter is important.
    2.
    If I were to pick any character from a show that represents me, I would pick Gob from Arrested Development. He’s always getting into crazy situations and annoying his brother. He also always has goofy things to say. That show was pretty legit.
    3.
    One emotion that would be hard to express to my audience would be sorrow. I think it would be really hard to allow myself to be sorrowful in front of some of my friends. I think it would feel weird to be that open with some of my friends. I mean, I’m going to tell my friends if I’m sad, but, I’m not going to cry in front of them.
    4.
    I think I would be the best at comedy. I definitely consider myself to be a comedian and I think it would come off natural doing non-serious, funny things on stage. If I were to choose between drama, comedy, tragedy, etc. I would choose comedy. I can’t wait for an opportunity to perform comedy in this acting class.
    5.
    I think my most successful emotion on stage would definitely be comedy. I know I will be able to perform it the best. It really goes along with my personality. I feel like I’m constantly in a state of comedy anyways. It would look really natural for me performing comedy on stage.

    Response to Chad Steward:
    I can see how your life would be a dramedy and it makes a lot of since, with all the homework and stress from school plus all the comedy from friends.

    ReplyDelete
  44. 1.My life is most definately comedy at this stage. I am too young to take life too seriously. I am making funny memories everyday, one's that i'll remember for the rest of my life.

    2. Most people, when they compare me to a celeb would charlie sheen. One reason being because we both are very good at being assholes, another being we both really like women and making money.

    3. Showing sensitivity, the men in my family are not brought up to be girly and show feelings like other people.

    4. Comedy, because I am a very funny person, there is nothing i like more than putting a smile on someones face.

    5. Happy, because it is very easy to show on stage.

    ReplyDelete
  45. response to tyler: I disaggree you are always confronted with drama.
    \

    ReplyDelete
  46. 1. My life, right now, could be best described in the term comedy because, none of the other terms describe my life right now. I find something funny, at least one thing sometimes more than one thing. Also it is healthy to laugh so I try to laugh a lot.
    2. If I had to choose someone out of a movie or television show, I would choose Tyler Durden. The reason I choose him is because I believe in most of his beliefs. For instance, he believes that you should not be attached to material things, I believe in that to every extent.
    3. I have a problem showing my sad emotions around people, because I hate showing that emotion. I feel weak and powerless, I don't like that at all. I always try and hide it, but sometimes it is very hard to. I can usually get away with it, but when I don't I feel exposed and I do not like that feeling at all. The thought that everyone knows what is wrong with me is one that I don't like. I don't like letting people into my life so easily, unless I've known them for a while, or I trust them with my emotion and know that they will not exposed me. So for me to play a role in which I show a lot of sadness it would be difficult and stressful because I don't usually show it, therefore it would be harder than anger or happiness.
    4. I believe that comedy works would be best for me. I like having a good time and laughing, and making other people laugh. It is less stressful because you do not have to worry about how you look, as long as you're funny and you know the lines you can't not have a good time. It is just so much easier to be happy and funny than it is to be sad or serious.
    5. I think that the most successful emotions on stage that I would use would be, happiness, anger, and just straight up normal. I think that these would be the easiest because they are the basic emotions I have all day. Well other than sadness and I cannot show that around other people well. Those emotions are easy and simple. If you're mad your show it through the tone of your voice, facial expressions, and the way you present yourself on stage. Those three things, tone of your voice, facial expressions, and your stage presence pretty much applies to all of the expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  47. 1.) At this point, I would say my life is like a dramedy. Every new day brings forth new laughter and new drama. Going to an all boys school, there isn't much drama but it comes from other areas such as family, girls, etc. On the other hand, there are many aspects of my life that I find to be funny and hope to keep as the good memories for the rest of my life.

    2.) If I were to pick a person from a tv show or movie, I would pick Seth from Superbad. I'm kinda the same goofy, awkward, guy who makes good jokes and makes people laugh. I'm also very dedicated to my friends and always cook up over-the-top plans that almost never happen just like him. I love just having fun and always lookin out for bigger and better things.

    3.)I think the hardest emotion to put on for me is sincerity. I'm never really that sincere or serious when it comes to things and when I am its hard to show. Especially when the sincerity has to do with caring about someone or standing up for something I think is right because, like most guys, I'm afraid of being called a "girl" or "(wussy)".

    4.)I think I would be best in either comedy or farce because I am good at making people laugh and coming up with ideas that are over-the-top and farfetched.

    5.)I think my most successful emotions onstage would be comedy and happiness because they both come so easily to me and therefore are the easiest to put on.

    ReplyDelete
  48. In Response to Colin Rafferty:

    I agree that you would be best in comedy because you make me laugh alot.

    ReplyDelete
  49. 1) Classifying a person’s life into a single genre would be hard, but after reading the definition of Farce, that’s me completely. Farce is witty comedy that operates on many levels to an audience so that way it can capture your imagination. I have different levels in my life that are funny in many ways, that’s not to say that I have serious responsibilities I have to take care of, it’s just that there are multiple meanings to any situation and I like to choose the lighter of the bunch.

    2) If I had to pick a movie character that I most relate to it’d be Matt Damon in his role as Will Hunting in the movie Good Will Hunting. That movie is in my top 5 of all time and it is largely due to his performance. Will Hunting is portrayed as a young man that thinks he knows what he wants in life and what to expect from people, but underneath his rough exterior is a scared kid that pushes people away to keep himself safe. Will is smart, witty, and extremely brash at times but underneath his public mask he’s a reasonable and kind hearted soul. Every time I see that movie I watch it until it’s finished because I feel that connection.

    3) I guess the emotion that I have trouble the most expressing is discontent. I can show when I’m really upset or really happy, but when my feelings get hurt or I don’t like the way I’m being treated I’m slow to let that person know.

    4) I’d choose farce again, witty comedy is a favorite of mine and I know that if I read it enough and picked up the multiple meanings I could deliver the lines well.

    5) I’d have to say the easiest emotions would be anger, sadness, and joy. They’re three extremes I’ve dealt with well and know how to call upon whenever the need be.

    RESPONSE TO MITCHELL:
    Moving five times since you were born had to be tough man. I’ve moved through the city of Memphis a ton since I was born and making new friends wherever you go and I can really relate to sports being an outlet for that. Hopefully at CBHS you’ve found your set of friends you can have for the next 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  50. My life would be best described right now as a dramedy. I say this because there are some extremely funny moments in my life now but there are also very stressful and tiring. These moments are also very dramatic due to the stress. However, pretty much every teenager goes through the same things I am. I believe that most teenagers live in a dramedy. I honestly do not know what character I am like. There are many characters I admire and respect in movies, however I cannot think of one that I am similar too as of now. The emotions I think that I do not display well are anger, remorse, and forgive-fullness. I do show anger but I can never act on it due to the fact that I probably would expelled from CBHS. I never really show remorse because I am never sorry for anything unless I know for sure it was all my fault. When someone passes away I do feel a little sad but nothing more, I am almost never sorry or anything like that. And I do forgive people for certain things but I do not sometimes because I know they are hardly ever truly sorry. I hate it when people lie to me, and I usually hardly forgive them for it, it depends on the lie. I honestly do not know what kind of play that I would succeed in and I do not know what kind of emotion I could best display.

    ReplyDelete
  51. RESPONSE TO MITCH SEXTON
    Yeah I agree with you that most teens live in a dramedy. There are always ups and downs in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  52. 1) If I had to choose one of the theatrical genres in would be dramedy. My life is always swaying back and forth between drama and comedy. There are many comedic things that happen in my life. There are also very dramatic things that occur as well. It is a good mixture to have because it gets me ready for dramatic things that will happen in the future, while still allowing me to enjoy life.
    2) One character I can relate to is Rocky Balboa form the Rocky movies. He is always a guy who people count out. He is not often given a chance. People seem to not think much about him. But he can be successful in spite of all this. He wins fights even though he is supposed to lose. He is not discouraged when people think he will lose because he has been told that his whole life, and yet he is still standing.
    3) In this stage of my life I think the emotion I struggle to show openly and honestly the most is sadness. I do not generally like people to know that I am sad. I prefer that people see me when I am excited of happy. Sadness is personal. Especially if something really bad happened, like the death of a family member. I would rather keep my sadness to myself and not express it to others.
    4) Although I do not believe that I would have much success at any of these theatrical works, the best one for me would be drama. I have been in some pretty dramatic situations before I think I could portray that better than any of the other theatrical works.
    5) The emotions that would be most successful for me on stage would be excitement and anger. I can show these strong emotions better than the more calm ones because they are easier for me. It is easier, in my opinion, to be loud and excited about something because that is how I get a lot of time. I am not quiet when something good happens to me of I am pumped about something
    Response to Andrew Malic.
    That is cool that you can display sadness so easily. I struggle with that. It is hard for me to fake that. It takes talent to fake it. And keep your head up about that other thing.

    ReplyDelete
  53. 1. I would have to say that my life would be a dramedy, because my life is full of laughs and awesome things, but no person goes through life without some sort of drama. It just doesn’t happen. I guess one of the main things that would make me say this is that I can go through life happy and carefree, but the drama will show up eventually. As a teenager you can’t avoid drama, even if your form of drama is something inconsequential.
    2. One character that I identify with would be Cameron from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. I get overly worried about things, like what might happen if I do this, but I am willing to take risks. When I get with my friends I lighten up quite a bit and I have a better time. Though I am still worried about the tiniest things.
    3. I would have to say that the emotion I am most worried about showing on stage is sadness, or extreme fear. I just don’t like to show those emotions in public because I don’t think that I feel accepted by others at times.
    4. Although I do not feel necessarily comfortable showing fear or sadness on stage I would be ok with any kind of play, but I think that I would be best in comedy. Since I have grown up using different accents in things that I do, and apparently I am able to make funny faces.
    5. I think that all the emotions would be most beneficial to me on stage. You can’t be an actor with only some of the emotions, but the most important would probably be happiness, and silliness.

    ReplyDelete
  54. My response to Shaun Ryan: I think that it is good to think of yourself like the character from Black Sheep. That way you earn respect through kindness, and not through having to prove yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I would have to say that my life is a dramedy. I think that all teenagers lives are filled with more drama than any other part of our life here on earth. That being said I also believe that being a teenager in highschool is one of the best times in your life as weell. As a teenager most of make mistakes whether it be academically, getting involved with drugs, or just going out on the weekend and having a few drinks with your friens. For the most part with a few exceptions we can look back and laugh at these choices. Being a teenage boy these days is hard thats where the drama comes in. It can be anything from trouble in school, to a teenage pregnacy, or troubles at home. In todays society it is exspected for young men of our age to keep it bottled in and show noemotion, we have to tough it out. Most of can do this but for some it does not come naturally. This is a fatel flaw in todays society which adds more stress and drama to most of our lives. In this blog the bad seems to outway the good by a long shot. This is not the case everyone goes through there share of tough times, but what doesn't kill us will only make us stronger. There is plenty of fun and good to be had in highschool and to be successful in life we cant lose sight of that

    ReplyDelete
  56. In response to Blog #6:


    1. Currently, my life is most likely a dramedy. It is a dramedy because I have both fun and annoying aspects of my life. My life is very fun because of the new job I have, my friends, and my girlfriend. With my friends and girlfriend, we always find a way to laugh and have a good time. Both school and parents cause a lot of drama in my life right now. Current life in high school and applying for colleges create unneeded drama in my already busy life. My parents get involved with my life more than they need to, when it comes to staying out late and college applications. They raised me to handle myself, and now that I am 18, I think it is time for them to let me do things on my own.

    2. I would pick Will Smith’s character in the movie Pursuit of Happyness, Chris Gardner. In the movie, Gardner has to go through so many ups ad downs in order to ultimately come out as a stockbroker. He overcomes divorce, losing his kid (temporarily), going homeless, and being completely broke. In the end, he becomes a stockbroker for one of the most powerful firms in San Francisco and forms his own multi-million dollar firm later in life. I would like to model his determination and work ethic.

    3. It is most difficult for me to show fear. I would say that this is the most difficult
    because of what the fear entails. I’m not scared of one certain thing, but more of an idea. I am scared that my ideas will never be put into action in the world. I fear that humanity as a whole will never reach its full potential. I am frightened by the idea that material things are greater than moral issues.

    4. A comedy is probably be what I am best at. When a situation is presented to me, I can see the funny side to it. It is difficult to just go on stage and tell jokes, but in a comedic play where there is a situation, it is much easier to make it more like real life. I can make jokes and do funny things, while continuing to act at the same time.

    5. Happiness, joy, and sadness would be the easiest for me to show on stage. Happiness and joy would be easy because I show them so often in my life. While sadness would be simple because it would be the opposite of how I feel about life.

    In response to Hunter Shipley:

    Just like many of us, your life is like a dramedy as well. This was no surprise to me because you're always a happy guy, but with football comes a lot of drama. Also, I can definitely see the aspirations towards being like Rocky Balboa. Because of your height and position in football, people automatically want to count you out. But if you imitate the determination and the will to win like Rocky showed, you can succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  57. 1. Out of all the words given "drama" would be the word to best describe my place and time in life. Between dealing with friends, high school, choosing colleges, money, and trying to find a meaning to life there is plenty of drama to go around.

    2. Well kind of hard to give a good TV or movie character i am like but if i could pick one off the top of my head it would be Donnie Darko from the movie "Donnie Darko" mainly for the reason that he's another teenage kid who rebukes his parents and school because there demanding or overruling towards his decisions in life.

    3. Caring about anything really showing any sign of interest or liking towards people, items, or ideas. When the world is a judgmental place filled with arrogance, selfishness, and ignorance especially in teen guys. Today anyone thinks they have the title or right to look down on someone else's anything and everything.

    4. Drama, Tragedy, or Comedy are all theatrical works that i could do well in for the reason that I've experienced these things in everyday life. With experience comes learning and with learning comes understanding.

    5. Some emotions i would be good at using on stage would be depression, joy, and love. Once again the reason why i would be good at these is because i have experienced these emotions. Some i have experienced more than others but in the end i have an understanding of them so i can apply them to events on stage.

    ReplyDelete
  58. A Response to Cameron Graeter post: I completely believe number 3 but hey some people see that as strength

    ReplyDelete
  59. I believe that a Dramaedy would be the best kind of genre because it consists of two major genres together, drama, and comedy. Everyday life consists of these two things and without them, our lives would be considered very dull. It is easy to go by a day with comedy in it. If something is fun to do then time flies by without anyone knowing what happened. Drama gives people something to talk about and also without it; every day would be dull and boring. The mix of these two genres creates, in my opinion, one of the best genres together. I believe that my life would be in the Dramaedy category because there are many times in my day that something is funny and also as much long and boring. If I chose a character to be from a movie I would choose Staff Sgt. Dignam from the movie the Departed. I would choose him because he is smart, funny, and also serious throughout the movie. He gets his work done then he takes a break after. He believes that when everything is done then life can go on. To be honest, I really am not sure what emotion I struggle with the most but I know that from my close friends I am actually very funny but while I’m at school, I tend to be the quiet guy that just sits there in class and rarely says anything. I believe that I would do best in a comedy because I can be very funny and I enjoy many comedy movies, plays, skits, and I know what it takes to make people laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  60. 1) I think I mostly fall into the comdedy category. I'm always having fun and laughing whether I'm out at a football game, hanging out with friends, or just staying at home. I have fun wherever I go. I like to laugh and I usually do it a lot.

    2) If I could be anyone from a show, I would be Rob Dyrdek. He has his own show, and he can do whatever he wants. He always has fun in everything he does, and I think I am like him.

    3) I think I struggle with being sad the most. I don't know why, but it's just weird. I don't get sad often, but when I do, it's hard for me to express it. Sometimes I show my emotions, and sometimes I don't like to show them.

    4) I think I would do best in comedy. I can make people laugh and put a smile on peoples' faces. It just comes naturally to me. I've been making people laugh for a long time.

    5) I think being happy and being angry would be the most successful emotions for me. I think I would be good at them.

    My response to Corbin Carter:
    I can see why you picked a dramedy. Life always throws challenges, but we can still have fun and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  61. 1. My life, at this specific point in it, could best be classified as a tragedy. The most recent series of good events in my life continued for much too long, and naturally, things began to fall apart recently. However, I don't see this dose of misfortune as something painful, but rather as a necessary evil, something to be used to face a few inner demons and reevaluate my plans for the future, my beliefs, my emotions, myself, etc.

    2. While I tend to not want to compare myself to anyone, since I consider myself a unique individual, my situations in life could possibly be compared to Edward Scissorhands. I tend to be more satisfied with my life when I am my own person and I do things because I want to do them. Things end up going wrong for me, however, when I try to "fit in" with other people; I start to become consumed by the mob-mentality of popular society and culture, which eventually destroys me.

    3. The emotion I have the most trouble expressing is undoubtedly happiness. While the reasons for this are even unclear to me, I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that I seem to think irrationally when I am happy. I prefer to keep an open and reasonable mind at all times, and therefore, happiness tends to disrupt that mental stability and I cannot directly express it.

    4.The type of theatre that I feel I would be best suited for is, of course, tragedy. I believe that, at this point in my life, I could put a great amount of my own emotion into a tragic role, thus bringing a sort of visceral quality to the performance.

    5. Undoubtedly, I would say that the emotion that I would be able to express the most freely on stage is anger. As I said previously, anger, or any other tragic emotion, could be expressed very well since I could channel my own rage into the heart and soul of a character. It would be less acting and more me stylisticly expressing myself.

    In response to Eric Cail:
    I do agree with you that today's society tends to make it more difficult to be a teenager as it, in several ways, slows our emotional growth and restrains the emotional endurance needed to survive these years.

    ReplyDelete
  62. If I were in a play right now I would have the genre of comedy. Something about being on stage and making people laugh gives me joy and the feeling of accomplishment because if I know the audience is laughing then I know that they are enjoying themselves and the play that I am in. In my life I am also a comedy and a tragedy. I have felt a lot of loss recently and it sucked. I also try to make every situation an act and to make people feel less awkward and the only way to make people make feel less awkward and more comfortable is to make them laugh. Andy Griffith is the actor I would consider myself. He is always trying to fix problems and situation but at the same time make sure everyone has a smile on their face. He is always honest and I try to at least be half of the man that he is. The one thing that is hard to show is deep sadness. Like I said before I just lost a friend and it sucks. It feels horrible and the last thing I want to do is be sad because I feel like it will bring every one down around me. Comedy would be the best on stage. Like I said I want people to enjoy themselves and I want them to be happy and feel comfortable. I think happiness is the best emotion I could play off. If you have a smile everyone feels better than if you had a frown on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  63. in responce to kastner:

    Your life will be a success dont dwell on the tragedies and remember to always stay posotive because It is only our senior year. We have a lot to go and the best thing you can do is stay posotive

    ReplyDelete
  64. If my life was a play it would be a drama. I go through a lot of things in my life, but I act as if everything is good. I would have maybe a little comedy in my life but not much. If was to be any character I would be just like Lil Wayne, because I'm a workaholic. Most of the time just like Wayne when I stop working to go to a party or something I've been begged to be there. I don't have time to mess off cause I'm out here working to be the best at what I do. Struggle and pain is the emotion I fail to show. I never let people when something is bothering me. Cause most of my life I was raised around women and when something went down or went wrong I showed them I was strong and they could lean on me. But when I was alone I let whatever it was that was bothering me out. Tragedy would be the best because it will always be a strong climax. Seriousness would be the best emotion for me on stage.

    ReplyDelete
  65. my life is a drama. Truely and honestly because everthing in life isnt always good. I take the good with the bad and take life as it comes. Balancing Football and school ,and also preparing for the future is a tough job that makes things even more compilcated. If i could pick anyone from a movie it would have to be Smokey from friday. Mainly because people say i remind them of him through my actions and expressions. I can see a resemblence between the both of us because we re both funny but down to earth at the same time.to me an emotion that i aint open with is crying or showing people that i failed. This is becuse i really aint a soft person its just not me. I also hate failure so i really dont give people a reason to look down on me. A comedy would fit me well because it's not as serious as the other topics and it also has a funny theme to it something that fits me very well.Happiness and laughter would be the most successful for me on stage. Because those are things im more comfortable with showing a audience and i can relate to both the most.

    ReplyDelete
  66. My life right now would be classified as a dramedy. Because when drama comes my way, I try to make things better by turn my problems into comedy. When I do that, I feel much better. I like to look at things on the positive side instead of negative.

    A character from a tv show that I favor is Dave Chappelle. The way we react to the situations are very similar and we have a similar since of humor.

    An emotion that I struggle with in showing to the audience would be sadness. Im rarely ever sad about anything and if I am, the sadness quickly goes away.

    From 1,2,3 above i would do the best at somedy simply because I like making people laugh even when i dont try to do it sometimes.

    From 1,2,3 above my best emotion would be happy because im a very jolly guy and i like being jolly and cheering sad people up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. 1) Up until now my life has been stricly comedy, but now that I'm and 18 year old senior I'm beggining to realize the drama that comes with growing up.
    2) If I were one charecter from a movie I would be Seth from superbad. I often tuck my boners into my waist line and havent gotten any in cargo shorts since nam.I also like to creep on girls in the way he does.
    3) I struggle to show fear im scared of alot of things but never show it.
    4) I would deffinatly be in a comedy. I enjoy making people laugh and i would get pleasure out of giving people some comic relief in these harder times.
    5) I think I would be best at expressing happiness. I dont really know but Im generally a pretty happy guy so I think I would be able to preform that the best.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Respond to ryan eason: I agree with ryan because life is a everyday struggle. I can also see the connection between you and wayne

    ReplyDelete
  69. Response to Kendarion Jennings: My guy I agree with you cause balancing football and school is some serious. And yea...you being Smokey thats a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  70. 1. Right now my life would be seen as a dramedy because I spend most of my time playing basketball and training, so its hard work and there's no time to do anything else, but also its fun, so its kind of a comedy.
    2. My life can be seen as Rudy from the movie Rudy. Throughout Rudys life he always enjoyed playing football, but due to his size he wasn't able to play for Notre Dame, which was his dream. But he wanted it more and he worked harder than everyone else and it paid off in the end as he was able to play a game forNotre Dame.
    3. The hardest emotion to portray ona stage for me would be sadness because showing sadness and hurt can leave you vulnerale, also it would be difficult for me to be put in that kind of situation. Many people find it hard to put themselves in a sad situation which is why a lot of people put a wall in front of themselves.
    4. The easiest emotion for me to portray would be anger. For anger you would not need to depend on the surroundings for a good act. You could use what you have experienced in your life that makes you angry and portray it in your act. Although being comedic is more of my style, being angry is a lot easier in my opinion.
    5. The performance that I would succeed the most at would be a comedy. I think I am naturally a funny person, so being comedic on stage would be more of my style rather than a sad play or tragedy.
    (Mixed up #4 and 5)

    RESPONSE TI SEAN DENLEY:
    I think that you would be good at playing a depressing role but you can also be funny.. as a

    ReplyDelete
  71. 1. my life's play would be a comedy as of now. I believe in having fun through whatever I am doing. I always try to be the life of the party wherever I am, because i am a fun person.
    2. i would be Charles Bartowski fromt he show Chuck. He is a funny guy, yet nerdy and funny at the same time. His character reminds me of myself.
    3. I most struggle with the emoti9on of sadness. It is hard for me to show my emotions at all, but sadness is the hardest for me to show.
    4. I would think i would be best in comedy, because evberyone tells me i am a funny guy. I enjoy telling jokes and making people laugh, even at my own expense.
    5. The emotions that would be most succeswsful for me on stage would be happiness and stupidity, becaue it is very natural for me.

    In respones to Reed:
    I believe you would be good with comedy and drama.

    ReplyDelete
  72. 1.If I could be on acting I would be in comedy. I love to joke around and be a fool to make people laugh.
    2.I would be Tom cruise because my friends mom calls me tom she seas I look like him and can act like him even no he is not the funnest one I guess I could pull him off.
    3. Well I can come off as being really funny and the one that gets the party going. Plus the one the gets in trouble but that is ok with me and I only live once so the way I look at is it just live and have a good time.
    4.I would be the best at comedy because I love to make people laugh and that is what I enjoy and so I would love my job. If I did something like that.
    5.Well a little bit of every thing like doing a fake cry and then rolling in to a laugh so it would be interesting what I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  73. 1. If my life was a play right now it would probably have to be a comedy. I have a lot of stuff going on right now that people would find really funny if it happened to them.
    2. The character i would probably be is George Lopez. I can be funny like he is and plus we both got big heads and everyone always comments on that.
    3.I guess the emotion I would have the hardest time showing on stage and in life is sadness. I think if I get sad and cry I will come off as week to other people.
    4. I think I would do best in a comendy because I am always making everyone around me laugh.
    5. I would be good a putting on a laugh because I can just think of something that happened to me and start laughing so hard and no one even knows what I am laughing at sometimes.

    In Response to Andrew:
    I think you are a really funny person and good at making every one around you laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  74. If i could describe my ife it would defenitely be a dramedy. my life is mostly comedic when im at home or with my friends. but i can quickly become pissed off when someone tries to start stuff and everyone hears about it and has to put their 2 cents in. i also know when its time to change from joking around to serious when the situation calls for it.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I see mt life right now as a dramedy the reason why i see my life like this is because alot of funny things happen in my life but also alot of bad and hard things are going on in my life wich makes it a tragady. be the sheriff off of why did i get married he is a sweet guy and is funny and all but has a hard time because of wwhere he is at but loves the place he is at. Sadness or hard times is the hardest emotion for me to show because i dont want look like im hurting or people to feel like it because i dont like it when people try to confort me it just pisses me off. I think i would do best in dramady because that is how my life is. happy emotions will be the best emotions for me because i am good at acting like i a happy when im really not or even close to it

    ReplyDelete
  76. in response to Patrick Knight
    im the same way i get pissed off really easly

    ReplyDelete
  77. If i could describe my ife it would defenitely be a dramedy. my life is mostly comedic when im at home or with my friends. but i can quickly become pissed off when someone tries to start stuff and everyone hears about it and has to put their 2 cents in. i also know when its time to change from joking around to serious when the situation calls for it. the hardest emotion for me to portray on stage would probably be sadness. its not like it takes alot for me to be sad but when im happy, i cannot easily pick up and change my emotion to sadness. However the easiest emotion for me to portray would be anger. I can act very angry when I want to. Even if im just playing around,when i act angry, people think im really, ver seriously angry. but overall the play that i would be most successful at would probably be a comedy because I like to laugh and i like to make people laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  78. in response to brock....

    you do laugh at random times. and i dont know what its all about

    ReplyDelete
  79. 1) My life would best be described as a dramedy. When I'm out with friends on the weekends, it's comedic and fun. When I'm working on the weekends during the day, it can be tragic and awful in terms of boredom and sadness during work.
    2) If I could be any character from a movie or a televison show, I'd be Benjamin Button. That'd be really awesome if I could experience life backwards in which life gets easier and easier and many other characteristics of aging from old to young.
    3) In my dramedy, the emotion I hold back the most is fear. I try hard to not give away my fears to others so that I can be safe/ not vulnerable.
    4) The best kind of theatrical work on stage is comedy. Everyone can relate with comedy. Laughter is an easy language and so comedy makes plays much more enjoyable in which people want to see them, especially if they're humorous and optimistic people.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Response to Andrew Turner:
    1) Andrew would be a great comedian.
    2) I'm not sure I'd agree with Andrew being much like Tom Cruise
    3) Very good philosophy on life.
    4) Andrew would definitely be best at comedy

    ReplyDelete
  81. 1. i think the one part that would describe me the most would be the comidy. why because i use ually find my self doing somthing that makes people laugh even when im not trying to.
    2.Jim carey would be the person i would have to chose. people say that i make these facial expressions that look just like him. I dont mean to do them i gess its just what happens
    3.I would have to say that crying would be the hardest emotion for me to act out.
    4. I would act the best if it was somthing to do with comedy.
    5. Anything that involves making someone laugh i can do it farly well.
    I love acting
    p knight your right moving constantly would require alot of stanima.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Kevin J. Murphy in Response to Blog 6
    1)I would say that my life is a dramedy. A lot of things that happen are funny, yet there are a lot of situations where there are too many problems for a high school student to really understand but, again funny and strange things happen a lot so it off sets the negative drama.
    2)If I was to pick any character I would pick Neal Caffree from White Collar. He is good at making serious situations more entertaining and good at lightning the mood.
    3)The emotion that I struggle with expressing the most is sadness and anger. I am not good at expressing sadness because of how I have been raised and taught to not cry and to make sure that I am in control of myself at all times. The same applies for anger I am not good at expressing anger well because I am not good at controlling my anger and expressing it in a constructive way so I just don’t express it.
    4)I think I would be best in a dramedy because I am good at making light of situations where most people become overly emotional.
    5)The emotions I think I could express the most successfully would be happiness and I would say being relaxed I am a pretty laid back individual and most of the time I am having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Kevin J. Murphy Response to Mario Gagliano
    I have to agree with you Mario when you say showing sadness would be your hardest emotion to portray; because you are normally seen laughing or making some kind of joke to lighten the mood.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.