THE RULES of THIS BLOG SITE

Any response that uses inappropriate language, content, or anything else that Mr. Williams would deem offensive will receive an automatic grade of "0" with no hope for resubmitting the post. You are expected to respond in a mature and Godly fashion. Content can talk about topical things (drugs, drinking, relationships, family, sex, God, emotions, etc.), but the delivery of the information should be in such a manner that well represents yourself, your parents and family, CBHS, Mr. Williams, and most importantly, God. I really look forward to your posts. -- Mr. Williams

November 2, 2010

Acting I Blog 11

DUE FRIDAY 11/05/10 BY 9:00 AM! For directions, please visit BLOG11 at the CBHS Theatrical & Choral Academic Activities website. I look forward to your posts!

60 comments:

  1. 1. I see major elements of music, lighting, style, costume, choreography, and many others. It is obvious that a lot of effort and hard work had to be put in to making a show as extravagant and successful as this one.
    2. The blending of quicker and slower music and still people and the gymnast is very symbolic. To me, the businessman represents the modern person in their struggle to succeed materially. He runs and runs and puts forth all of this effort and just can’t seem to get anywhere, while the still chorus represents forces of nature. They’re always there, even when we don’t pay attention to them. They’re behind the scenes and influencing our every action and we can’t ignore them all the time.
    3. The cast, as I mentioned before seems to me like the natural earth and its many eccentricities. The businessman is depicted as the common man and must be dressed in the stereotypical suit and tie, but as he notices his struggle more and more the suit is removed piece by piece. The cast is free to wear little clothing to symbolize their natural state and to offer a model for the business man to emulate when he frees himself from the machine.
    4. What stood out to me the most was the gymnast’s slide at the end of the video. He starts off operating inside the boundaries of the machine, then slowly works himself outside, symbolizing his realization of nature and what is truly important to him. That slide shows him realizing the machine’s effect on him and rejecting that fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. The theatrical elements I saw in this particular production was the way they used all different kinds of music and combined it into one music. And how the color and all went with the theme. The way they used shape and rotation in their play, also the makeup and the acrobatic skills the guy in the circle had it was awesome.
    2. Well to me I think this play, the makeup, the actors, and the spinning machine are supposed to represent how times moves faster and faster when you only live your job as your life. Instead of having a life you job becomes your life and by the time you notice that it has your life is over. So to me that’s what I think it is time moving away from someone.
    3. This one is very difficult for me cause I don’t really understand it but to me it seems it represents the time flying by and that either old age is catching up with him or death is upon him I’m not completely sure what it is.
    4. The thing in this play that stands out to me the most is the running part in the spinning machine. The reason that is because it describes me because I’m always running non-stop I don’t stop I stay running all week and all weekend. Sometimes I see my life past thru my eyes as if I was sitting still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Fleet:
    That part at the end when he slide off the machine stood out to me to but the running part stood out to me the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RESPONSE TO MR. MCCLAIN:

    I see what you mean by keeping moving all of the time. I know a lot of people that are like that. They just can'st sit still, like they're going to pass out if they just stay still for a minute so I see what you're getting at. The running of the gymnast on the machine wsa really clever in all of the tricks and poses he performed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) Some theatrical elements include: music, lighting, style, costume, choreography along with others. One major theme was the use of the color. I also noticed how well they utilized the rotation in the play. The man had unbelievable acrobatic skills.
    2) In summary, I think everything in the play signifies how you can pass life by in the present moment when you only focus on your priorities. The chorus represents something like a consciousness that is always present even if we don't acknowledge them. For the man, as he recognizes his life's struggles, his life has fallen apart.
    3) It represents how time is so fast and how old age or maybe death has met him.
    4) What stands out to me the most in this play is the part of the spinning machine, specifically the running. For me, it's relative to how I do things without realizing what's going in the present moment. I sometimes even think I can see my past life as if I was just motionless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Response to Micah Fleet:
    I agree in the view that the businessman can't seem to get a grip on his life in which time is very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) I see that there are many acrobatic movements in this production. I see some actors having lots of make up on their faces and they are wearing fewer clothes than usual. The man wearing a white cloth around his waist and the woman wearing a white cloth over her chest and waist. The man in the spinning wheel is wearing a tuxedo showing off his skills in the awesome spinning wheel. That takes a dare devil to do it.
    2) I think it represents both sorts of theater. One shows the old fashion slow musical style and the other one with daring stunts making people sit on the edge of their sits.
    3) I think that the make-up and costumes were done overall excellent. It shows that the actors in the costume are just watching the business man do his defying stunts on the spinning wheel. I think it shows that the old theater watches the new theater takes over the main attraction now and with the fans cheering, it shows that they want the new theater with all the stunts and faster music to excite them.
    4) I think I can be best described as the fans. I can also say I can be the guy on the spinning wheel, but man I don’t think I will have the balls to do that without anything hanging on to me if I fall straight down. I get excited by watching people do defying stunts of their own.

    In response to Alec:
    I think that you are absolutely right about how you can pass life by in the present moment when you only focus on your priorities. This is how life goes and I think you are absolutely right. We need to focus on our priorities in life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. I see a combination of choreagraphy, dance, and musical blending which makes this a very creative and entertaining show. By doing this the show becomes vivid and exciting as the man spins round and round on the machine.
    2. I think that the machine represents our society and how even when we the people slow down or stop, the machine keeps spinning. This shows how we are fixed on technology and somewhat worship the machine.
    3.The costumes are what make the show what it I because they are contrasting an average business man surrounded by machines and strange creatures. By doing this they are trying to make people think about there own lives.
    4. In this video th one thing that I think relates to me is the spinning machine and no matter what the man does he keeps on spinning. It's only when he finds the strength to jump off the machine that his life changes.
    Response to Micha Fleet:
    I agree with Micha that this show did a great job of using color and music to make the show very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. .1. I see a combination of choreagraphy, dance, and musical blending which makes this a very creative and entertaining show. By doing this the show becomes vivid and exciting as the man spins round and round on the machine.
    2. I think that the machine represents our society and how even when we the people slow down or stop, the machine keeps spinning. This shows how we are fixed on technology and somewhat worship the machine.
    3.The costumes are what make the show what it I because they are contrasting an average business man surrounded by machines and strange creatures. By doing this they are trying to make people think about there own lives.
    4. In this video th one thing that I think relates to me is the spinning machine and no matter what the man does he keeps on spinning. It's only when he finds the strength to jump off the machine that his life changes.
    Response to Micha Fleet:
    I agree with Micha that this show did a great job of using color and music to make the show very entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. When I watched the video I saw defineate signs of acrobatical skills with fearless precision and tons of stanima. I honestly could not have that mans job because of the pressure and the timing it takes to stay on top of a moving spinning tower.
    2. It represents both classical theatre and the new age of theatre. It has both classical music mixed with the new techno music. It also represents two completely different eras in one single act.
    3.I would actually have to agree completely with what Max Chang said. It could represent the old age of classical theatre watching as the newer modern version of theatre is showing the audience that it has what it takes to make a statement.
    4. The buisnessman stands out the most to me with his amazing precision, skills, and fearless demeanor to do what it takes to make the show worth attending.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. I see costuming, makeup, lighting, music, choreography, dance, and motion differing. These elements make the show very exciting and risky to the audience, while the man had to have gone through months of practice and rehearsals.
    2. This is supposed to represent the hustle and bustle of the business world and how regular people, aka the made up people, move slower and are more relaxed than the business world.
    3. The contrast makes the made up cast look like everyday people watching from their everyday places as the businessman runs and works and risks making a living.
    4. I love the symbolism i see, as well as the athleticism of the businessman. As max said, it takes cajones to do that, and it is very tough. The symbolism, though, is what I love. I see the business world as being shown as hectic and fast while regular people live their everyday lives watching from the ground.

    Austin, the whole death idea is pretty cool. Didn't think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) There are many theatrical elements in this, including lighting, makeup, costuming, some intense choreography, and even a sense of a story.
    2) The many different seemingly contrasting circumstances of this clip represent the forever changing spirit and unity of a complex world. None is the same, but yet all fit together just like they were meant to. It could also represent the connection between the past and the present; new music with old, new styles with old ones.
    3) The costumes affect the story by giving it life. If they were all just dressed in normal clothing, then it would be only slightly entertaining. This way the show is exhilarating and cool. The contrast is because of the fact that the business man is trying to find himself and the strange otherworldly costumes are some kind of external powers guiding him along, be they angels of spirits of the past or whatever.
    4) The one thing that I saw that stood out was the singers. They were all singing together, but their costumes were almost completely different from anything else in the entire performance. They seemed to be apart from the thing, but at the same time an integral part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tend to agree with you Doug, it could represent that aspect of life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1.Much of the performance is visually drawing especially with regards to lighting, make-up, and the element of stunting contributed by the spinning centrifuge which served as the focal point of that particular set-up.

    2. I believe it is supposed to represent an age in which we can appreciate both types of musical and performance styles. The cast in slow motion and the centrifuge are significant in that they are both the main focal points, but not at the same time, with one ‘distracting’ the audience from the other. It is an interesting demonstration of the relaxed nature of the past compared to the hectic and fast-paced nature of the present.

    3. The costumes and make-up are designed to be completely contrasting, each presenting their own different lifestyles. The costume designer must have wanted to establish the major differences from the main cast (how understand the importance of enjoying life) to the businessman (who is focused completely on his work).

    4. I have a lot of fun stunting in cheer (and, tumbling in the small degree I do it in), so I can relate to the physicality needed to perform stunts. However, the gymnast performing in the centrifuge represents a completely complicated style of choreographic art, but I would enjoy doing it too nonetheless.

    My response to Max Chang:
    I agree with ya, man, in that I think they're trying to portray both types of contemporary and classical theater.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1)There an extremely large amount of theatrical devices and elements that are used in this show. The makeup, lighting, costumes, and set pieces make this show much more bright and interesting than if they were not there. I think these elements make the show much more personalized and comepletely different than others.
    2) I would say that the scene from the video could be representing many different things but in my opinion it is that everyone can work together. It shows the people with makeup on visually telling the man on the wheel to blidfold himself. I think this is saying that we also need to trust other people.
    3) The makeup shows the big differences between the people with the makeup and the businessman who is on the wheel. It seperates them and gives a more intense contrast. It reflects who they are and how they live.
    4) If you go back to the part where the people with makeup give a visual signal to the man with a suit on, you can see that maybe the people with makeup on are trying to help the businessman in something more complex than you would think.

    Response to Andrew Malic:
    I agree with you about the costumes and makeup showing the big difference between these people with makeup and the other people on stage with makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1. The main theatrical elements in this production are the costumes, the lighting, makeup, the choreography, motions, and the movements. The show was entertaining and it kept me interested throughout the whole video. The music flows with the movements. Many theatrical elements tied into one grand piece in this show.

    2. One of the major points of the show is to represent a fast moving person to a slow moving person. The show really shows the different generations that have occurred in our world today. Before the 21st century, the world was slow and it moved at a much calmer pace. Today, the world is energetic and everyone is moving fast. In New York City, there are always crowds of people walking to work at any hour during the day. The slow motion people represent a slower generation and the man in the tux represents the new generation. There have been many technological advancements and the universe we live in now is way ahead of the old times. The show combines the old and the new times into one masterpiece.

    3. The costumes and makeup affect the overall "story" of his scene because the people in costumes and make up are setting the scene for the businessman. The people are singing while the man is balancing on the spinning wheel. The audience understands the show because of the costumes. Costumes set the standard and really are one of the most important aspects in a show. In this show, the costumes are understandable and represent both generations.

    4. The businessman was artistic and creative. The actor has to be an acrobat to maintain the consistency by spinning the wheel. The man moved fast and had to stay balanced on top of the spinning wheel. The man was in good shape and he really stood out. The music was very impressive and the singers made this show special. It takes hard work and dedication to put all of these pieces to the puzzle to create a successful show.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Response to Nathan Tarver:

    I agree with you that both of the generations are working together to make the world one great place. The makeup does show the difference between the people and that is crucial to the understanding of the show. The people are trying to help the businessman and they want the future generations to succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1. I see many theatrical elements in this production. The first thing that I notice is the costumes and make up of the weird looking people. The next thing I notice is the huge wheel on a stick with a crazy man jumping and walking on it. He does not have a safety harness on either. Their is a lot of good choreography that is very strange. I went to a cirque de soiled when I was littler but i do not remember it being that crazy.
    2.I think this is supposed to represent the old style of doing things with the new style of doing things. The classical represents the old timers and the techno is representing the new current age of people. Likewise, the gymnast are the older people and the spinning machine is time and development.
    3. The costumes and make up affect the story by differentiating between the two people. If they were wearing the same thing it would be hard to tell them apart and the story would be completely different. Their is a contrast so we can tell the difference between the people.
    4.The part of this that stands out to me is the crazy man with no harness jumping on the wheel and running on it blindfolded. Before he did that i was thinking to myself that he should do it blindfolded and he ended up doing that a couple minutes later. I think he is crazy.


    Response to Malic: I agree with maic when he says that performing those stunts would be very difficult. It also would be very fun to learn how to do. I would want safety ropes around me at all times but nontheless i would like to learn how.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 1. The theatrical elements that stand out the most are the use of lighting, makeup, costumes, motion, and choreography. One notable aspect was the relationship between the music and the movements of the actors.

    2. The classical music mixed with techno represents the contrast between the old world and modern society. The same goes for the motions; the "businessman" seems to be moving frantically, and represents the modern world that can so often spin out of control. The slow-moving actors represent past times, where life was perhaps more simple. In essence, this production is a creative representation of the author's view of modern society.

    3. The "businessman" and his formal business attire represent the modern, normal world. The cast is basically naked, and represents the old and abstract. This production tries to emphasize the differences between the two.

    4. I was "wowed" by the man and his stunts on the wheel. As one youtube comment said, "imagine this guy having to describe his job to somebody." It takes a lot of skill simply to know how to balance oneself in that manner. In addition, a level of knowledge pertaining to harmonic motion is necessary. (who would've thought that acting could relate to physics?)

    Response to Geordy: I agree with you in that I thought the man and his stunts were fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are many theatrical elements that really stand out. Also the lighting was very cool and mixed with the music well. The people's costumes really stood out and was extraordinary. The group of actors really went well with the lights and music.

    The music caught my attention the most with the techno beat along with the classical. I really think that it is trying to show the audience two different worlds. A calm old-time world, with the new and fast and upbeat world of today.

    I think the costumes really affected the scene because the man in the suit is representing the world today, and the man and woman standing are representing just plain people of old times. It really got my attention and made me see the difference and the symbolism.

    One thing that really impressed me was how well the music went with the actions and emotions of the man on the wheel. They mixed and blended so well, and I really enjoyed it.

    Respone to Browning Stubbs: I also agree that the music mixed with the movements. I also agree with what you said about the business man and how the cast related to him.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 1)The theatrical elements that stood out to me were the costumes, lighting and the people's movements. The combination of the costumes, music, and lighting went together perfectly in my opinion.

    2)I think that the techno and classical music represents the combination of the modern day and the past. I could definitely tell the difference between the two because of the fast paced techno music representing the modern time and the slower paced classical music representing the past.

    3)The makeup distinguishes the difference between the businessman and the other actors. The makeup is used to tell the audience the difference between the actors and the businessman. The costumes are very important in setting the standards of the show or play.

    4)The one thing that stood out to me while I was watching the video was the cool techno music mixed together with the cool lighting.

    Response to Corbin Carter: Corbin, I completely agree with you on what you think about the combination of the music and the lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. 1. I see many theatrical elements in this peformance. The biggest is the practice and perfection of the man in the wheel and of the gold people. It was awesome seeing how that man pretended to fall when he was blind folded. It takes lots of practice to do that, he is a real athlete. The costumes also played a big role. The gold people looked mystical. The man was in suit and looked like an average joe. The music was also intertwined with the peformance.

    2. I think that gold people represent the gods along with the classical music. I think the man represents man along with the techno and modern music. I think it the story is about life. Most people just blindly walk through it, like a hamster would in that wheel. But the man decided to make it intersesting.

    3. The gold people are supposed to be on a higher level, that is why I called them the gods. They dress in gold and they are jacked. The buisnessman represents man, and the average day. He actually puts on the peformance instead of the gods. He just wears a regular suit and seems much less important.

    4. I think the biggest thing that stands out is the physical peformance of the buisness man. He must be in real good shape to do that. I it must take lots of practice, becuase there were no pads underneath the wheal. The man has some guts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 1. Some theatrical elements I see are the staging (it seems to be set in a city square), costumes that look like a business man and some kind of Mayan people, and lighting and the movement. The lighting gave a presence of unkown and something exciting and the movement was contrasted by the other. For example, the native looking people moved very slowly and uniformly while the business man moved quickly and all over the place.

    2. I think that contrast of musical themes depicts a contrast in lifestyles. The techno music plays as a business man is spinning in a hamster wheel representing the fast paced and monotony of some of our lifestyles. On the other hand, the classical music plays as the ancient looking people walk, representing a simpler time.

    3. The make up is used to establish a difference between the businessman and the "natives". It establishes a vast contrast and lets the audience think about the show and not try and figure out the different characters.

    4. I think the hamster wheel was a good metaphor for a fast paced and often monotonous life. Also, the differences shown between ancient people and the people of today is a pretty relevant topic.

    ReplyDelete
  25. RESPONSE TO JACKS:
    Yea the techno music was cool. It kept the play upbeat and on edge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. In response to Mitchell Sexton:

    I agree that the man must be in really good shape to pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The theatrical elements I saw in this video were music, choreography, make up, and the great costumes. These elements make the show very different than other shows and it makes the show look creative.
    I think that the two styles of music represent two kinds of lifestyles a slow old style life and an upbeat fast moving life style. The techno represents the modern day living and the classical shows the older days. The guy is someone from today's world and the other actors are people from when life was slow and calm.
    The makeup between the man and the actores distinguishes what role they are playing. It affects the story by showing how different the two are.
    What I thought was very interesting was the "business man". He kept going on and on on the big giant wheel thing. He started going faster and faster and then started doing tricks and flips. It must have taken alot of practice. I thought it was really cool.
    Response to Geordy Douglas: I gave to agree with you about the business man and his stunts.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The main element i see in this production is the costumes. One of them looks as if he is supposed to be a clown of some sort. One of them looks like there's lightning coming from his head. Or it might be some kind of fire coming from his head, I really do not know for sure. The final one, well I do not know what that one is either. I can see three people climbing each other but other than that I have no clue what they are trying to do. I think that the different tones of music represent the changing times in people's lives. The classical music is the simpler, younger time in someone's life. The loud techno music is when you get older and life becomes much more hectic. The makeup is used to show the different people. The businessman has more elegant makeup and is presented as so. The thing that sticks out the most in the performance is the amount of physical ability the businessman must have in order to pull off the stunts he does.

    ReplyDelete
  29. RESPONSE TO MITCHELL SEXTON
    Yeah it seems like the main character has to be in incredible shape to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  30. 1) 1> Although this is not the most conventional way that theater is done, there are still many theatrical elements that one can see from this clip. One element would be the set. This is a strange, but larger than life type of set. There are many elements to this set, such as the platforms that the other performers are on. Of course the giant wheel would be a big part of the set and the main focus. The big wheel could also be considered a prop. Also the costumes that the characters are wearing are very colorful and elaborate. Their makeup is a big part of the costume, transforming them into something that thehhy is only on stage.
    2) 2> I think that the performer in the wheel is supposed to represent the viewer. It as if he is representing his own life, only focused on what he is doing, and constantly running around. That’s why he is in the middle, because that is where the focus is to be. The music style of classical and techno could show the blending of years and different trends in his life. The fact that the other actors are moving slowly shows that they represent the rest of the world and the people. Why he is concerned with himself and is moving very fast. The world around his is moving slowly.
    3) 3> That he could possibly be a businessman and he is out there doing the corporate grind. He is going in a circular motion, so this could represent the fact that his life, including his business is the same every day. He is constantly doing the same thing just making a big cycle.
    4) 4> I think that this represents myself in the way that I have a big cycle and am always doing things the same. I guess one could say that I am predictable. This shows that I am so concerned with my life and what is going on in my life that I do not realize the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  31. IN responce to Sir Dugless
    Yes why in fact that this man might be clinicly insane, this does not take away from the wonderfull athletic ability of the businessman. you may call it crazy, but I call it art.

    ReplyDelete
  32. 1) The theatrical elements that I see in this clip is costumes, actors, makeup, an extravagant set, and lighting. They are all very strange creepy in my opinion.
    2) Yes the music does change. As the music speeds up, so does the spinning wheel, meaning the men on top of it has to walk/run even faster. I looked at what everybody else said that these changes represented but I have to be honest. I really cannot draw any connections. Yes I guess it might represent changing lifestyles, but I don't think that that is what this was about. I don't think it represented anything at all. It was what it was...a brave and very practiced man doing a great balancing act.
    3) The businessman on top of the wheel is the only one who is dressed right. Everyone else (the cast) is dressed in strange costumes. Even the singers. And most of the cast is just standing there watching the guy on the wheel (like I said before, it seems really creepy). It seems like they are all just standing there and waiting for him to fall down and kill himself.
    4) What stands out to me is the most obvious thing. The man is balancing on a moving wheel. This is an incredible acrobatic feat. It's like the kind of thing that would be at a circus. And then, he did it blindfolded which made it even more incredible. This must have taken huge amounts of practice and guts.

    Response to Zakk Torpoco
    I agree that the costumes are very noticeable. They are strange and a little disturbing. The whole thing just didn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  33. 1. There are many theatrical elements that I see in this production. One of the main one of these is makeup. Makeup is probably more noticeable in this production than you would see in most other productions. The makeup is very noticeable on the viewers of the Businessman. It really causes us to really focus on the video.
    2. The various juxtapositions and contrasts seen in this production allow people of all different interests to enjoy the production. The change of pace makes the viewers have to focus in order to keep up. I think this represents the change of pace that the businessman throws at you through his stunts.
    3. Costumes and makeup affect the overall “story” of his scene by putting the focus on him. True all of the flashy costumes and the extensive makeup are on all of the other characters; but all of those characters are completely focused on him. The businessman grabs their attention. None of the other characters ever takes his eyes off of the businessman. There is an apparent contrast because the “wealthy” people have come to see the marvelous tricks of the man.
    4. The thing that stands out most to me in video is the businessman’s confidence in himself. He had to be very brave in order to first attempt this feat. It probably took him months before he got comfortable with it. But now every time he performs it he must have the utmost confidence in himself. There can be no doubt that he will be able to do it. He must every move knowing that he will succeed; he has to, he has no choice.

    Response to Patrick Krog
    I agree that the singers were fantastic. They make the video suspenseful.

    ReplyDelete
  34. 1) I see many theatrical elements in this video including the music, the chorus, performers, lighting, and dramatic effect. Also all of the people who were painting up looked very theatrical. I have many different ideas of what it was symbolizing but didn’t really understand what any of it was actually about because the whole time I was just thinking he was going to fall off. I thought it was funny how he started fist-pumping to the music and the crowd joined.
    2) All of the various actions happening spontaneously remind me of an old world audience staring at the new world. The man in the business suit with the techno music and the fast movement symbolizes the quickness and risk of new world living. The people who are painted up along with the classical music are moving very slowly, as if they are in a different, more simple, time period- the old world.
    3) The business man symbolizes the new, fast world. The audience symbolizes the simple slow moving and slow developing old world people. They are moving very slowly and he is moving very fast and living life on the edge.
    4) I think it was really impressive how he put the blindfold on and still went around on the spinning machine. I seriously thought he was going to fall off and get hurt but he recovered from his fall and kept going. I thought that it was really impressive.

    Response to James Lauck:
    Yea, I agree with you on how the spinning wheel could represent his life going through different time periods with the music. I never even thought about that.

    ReplyDelete
  35. 1. I see alot of different and unique costume designs. Some of the actors and actresses are painted in like a pale kind of tone and I thought that was pretty cool. I also see alot of talent, with the gymnast moving in that circle thing, that definately takes alot of talent, practice, and hard work.
    2. All of the different things that are happening at one time. I think it could represent the chaos involved in the man's life. It could represent that his life never stops, and there is always something going on(spinning). The pale actors could also represent that it would leave someone in awe how much his life changes and all of the different things going on with it.
    3. All of the costumes and makeup make a huge difference on how you everyday person could interpret the video. It is very unique and I think it would represent something very significant that happened or is happening in the man's life. The contrast with all of the makeup and then the bussinessman could represent that he is the main character(other than the fact that he is the only one doing all of the spinning,etc). All of the makeup adds a nice touch to every aspect of the work. It is almost like there statues.
    4. The thing that stood out to me is the fact that he took the jacket off. This could tell the audience that he is very into what he is doing, and it is a very important aspect. He did it so people would recognize the main part in the play and people would focus their eyes on him. It also showed the determination of his attitude about what he is doing.

    RESPONSE TO TYLER PELTS:
    I agree with you about the bussiness man representing the new, fast world. That is very much what I got out of the video myself.

    ReplyDelete
  36. 1.In this production I see different styles of costumes, and make-up's far more creative and colorful than the modern day theater actors. The lightening and platforms are far more complex than some Shakespearean actor. I see Musical choreography that blends right in with the colors and the mood of the pictures.

    2.Classical music mixed with techno music could be the a enter lying way of describing how today's theatrical elements could contrast and also be different from older ones. The Gymnast represents the life and how fast it may good by changing the hands of time you never really realize how fast it come and goes it leaves a message to the audience never let life pass you by grasp it will you can.

    3.The costumes could be symbolic to understanding what the artist is trying to show. While everyone else are different the business man stands out and sort of represents the modern day going in continuous circles. I got from this is that life is just a circle. so don't it let it pass you by.

    4. the one thing that stood out the most was the man on the spinning wheel he reminds me of myself to keep on pushing no matter what you may face. This takes practice and dedication some of the things im very use to.

    Response to Chris pietrangelo:
    I agree that this was very very brave of him and i know this must have taken practice and practice to be able to trust this kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. There are many different theatrical elements. A few are costumes, makeup, lighting, music, choreography, dance. Between the costumes and dance this production seems like it took a lot of time and effort to complete. The casting for the business man alone would have been difficult enough. To find someone with the skills and will to the stunts performed would have been a challenge in its self. The music only adds to the suspence and I think it alone makes the show more exciting. The man on the wheele that kept running seemed like he was trying to keep up with life. The pace kept changing so he had to adapt and overcome. Life is not a set pattern and throws curves at us from every way, and I think the video did a really good job of representing that.

    ReplyDelete
  38. 1. There are many different theatrical elements in this production. There are both action and non-action elements. You can see the makeup put on some people to give them characters. Also, there is singing throughout the whole video. The people walking are not doing anything major, but they are setting a tone for the entire production from the characters they are portraying. The man in the wheel thing is also doing a theatrical performance.

    2. I believe this is somehow representing life. Life is not all one speed; things come flying at you at all kinds of speeds and it's impossible to know what to expect. I think the wheel going round and round also represents how life is somehow repetitive and we do the same thing every day, with occasional changes (represented by him moving in and out of the circle).

    3. I think the makeup and costumes of the cast set a sad tone, compared to the exciting businessman. It possibly represents how we feel. The businessman is how we look on the outside. quick and fast moving. But the cast is slow and lifeless, like how we sometimes feel on the inside if our life is always repetitive.

    4. The symbolism of the businessman and the wheel stood out. It showed how we get sick of our regular lives sometimes and we just want to get away and change things up.

    In response to Josiah (Hunter) Shipley:
    I also think it was very brave of the man to do these stunts. Obviously he's been training for a long time for this act, but once the lights are on and the people are watching, it adds extra pressure. It takes a lot of guts to risk your life for entertainment of others.

    ReplyDelete
  39. 1. There are many theatrical elements in this production. What I found to be most amazing was all of the acrobatic stunts that these people were performing. The way the music comes in, gives the production a weird vibe; along with the costumes and the people's makeup. I think it takes a lot of skill and courage in order to do what these actors and performers are doing.
    2. In my opinion this represents the stages/phases of life that we go through and how it effects us. I think the wheel being a circle, is metaphorical for the way our emotions change in a cycle. Also, how we experience repetitive events which lead us to do somethings.
    3. I think the makeup sets a tone of someone that is in awe about something. In the opening scene, there are a man and a woman, who are barely clothed; representative of adam and eve. In some sense, it represents how we feel on a day to day basis.
    4. The man on the spinning wheel, which represents people facing certain struggles, but being able to move through them. It is the daily sturggle that we go through.



    RESPONSE TO GRANT RICOSSA:
    I agree how the makeup and costumes set a sad tone; unlike the one businessman.

    ReplyDelete
  40. 1. In this particular production I hear music and lightning and I see choreography from the actors and also the man on the ring that took a lot of courage and a lot of practice. They went all out for this performance and did it perfectly, of it weren’t down perfectly then someone can have gotten hurt.
    2. I think that the symbolism that we the audience is suppose to understand through this show is that as people if we work our self so hard and for so long that, eventually we will break down and the wheels will fall off of our life and we’ll lose control
    3. Seems to that it represents how time is fast and we don’t even realize how fast time flies by until we are at an old and brittle age and we cannot do anything to make up for the past because death is so near.
    4. The thing that stands out to me the most is the gymnast that is just doing incredible things in and outside of the ring. How he kept his balance even when it looked like he wanted to fall. Also was incredible were the actors underneath him that kept their poise to make a point even though they weren’t the main attraction they were able make a point.

    ReplyDelete
  41. In this video the theatrical parts of it art the dark seen. WIth big spot light hitting the man running around the rotating arm. He is wearing shinny cloths the go along with the lights.
    I think this represents how in life you have to chose cetrtain paths you want to follow and when you find the right when you just have to go along with it.
    I think the make up and the custumes make it even better because it makes the person stand out really well.
    I think the guy that is running around the rotating wheel is amazing he does it with such grace and shows no fear.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I see many theatrical elements in this short video. Lots of choreography was incorporated into the show. The lighting and acrobatics also stood out. It is very impressive to me that people spent the hundreds of hours to learn everything they had to do.
    I think the business men represent materialistic society, while the cast represents the common people in society. The change is music most likely represents looking forward to the future. Classical music can represent the past because it has been around for so long. Techno music can represent the future because it incorporates lots of electronic sounds, and electronics are known to represent the future.
    The cast seems to represent the free thinkers because they are not all wearing the same thing. On the other hand, the businessmen are all wearing the same suit and could represent corporate America. In all honesty, the main reason why people spend so much money for Cirque De Soleil shows is because of the eye candy that is involved. The shows are very visually pleasing and the costumes are the main reason for that.
    I really enjoyed the acrobatic skill that the businessmen had. It obviously took a lot of time and skill to get down. Anyone that is willing to devote that much time to something, has my respect.

    Response to Colin Cody
    I agree with your view on the symbolism that time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  43. 1.) The theatrical elements that I see is definately the acrobatic movements. Also the lighting and how it is added effect to the piece. Also the removing of the jacket and tie are very Theatrical.
    2.)I think this represents the relativety of it all. To the man it could seems like he was up on the wheel for mere seconds while reality moves slowly in the cast.
    3.) The costumes deffinately contrast because they are so much more edgy with revealing skin and the self expression. While the Buisnessman is more conservative but his actions show that he him self is over the top as well.
    4.)The make up and lack of clothes really stood out to me in this performance because it was so different yet elegant in its own way.

    ReplyDelete
  44. 1. The theatrical elements that I see in this are the lighting, the music, the obvious practice needed for this. The make-up for this is extreme, and has a sort of significance to it. This seems to add a bit of a story to the performance.
    2. I think that the juxtaposition of the man in the machine moving fast while the other people are going slow is that life will go fast when you are trying to get somewhere, but you will never seem to get there, while if you go with the flow and not try then life will be slow and easy. The old music with the techno added in shows that life could be in any form, the music as well as life can adapt with the times.
    3. The costumes show that in primitive culture everything moved slowly, everything was taken one step at a time, never taking any unnecessary movements that were quick and irrational. The businessman shows that in current culture everyone is moving as fast as they can to do what they can, when they can, and as much as they can. We don’t take time to figure things out, we just run, jump, and swing on the wheel of life. We make careless movements that could destroy our lives.
    4. The thing that really stuck out to me was the way that the wheel would speed up as the man was getting the hang of his position. It sort of symbolizes that when you think you have the hang of life, something happens to mess it all up.

    In response to Browning Stubbs: I agree that this is seems to show the way two different time periods acted in their daily lives.

    ReplyDelete
  45. 1. There are many theatrical elements in any cirque de solei show. Obviously there is incredible lighting and a large amount of choreography that goes into this show. The make-up and costumes are taken to the absolute extreme to keep the audience interested. The acrobatics are without a doubt stunning and mind bending.
    2. I think the different forms of music almost symbolized different times of life. The new modern age clashing with old classical ways. I see that mostly from the music and outfits. The music was a fusion of techno and classical styles just as the performance was a fusion of the old and the new.
    3. The costumes are very impressive and seem to in a way clash. We have the modern business man doing acrobatics and an oddly dressed crowd that watches. I think the costumes set the image the director is going for into the mind of the audience. I think the clashing costumes also along with the music display the clash of different times.
    4. I think the thing that stands out most to me is the many hours of practice that had to have gone into performing these beyond life stunts. The dedication it shows is incredible.

    Response to Ben:I can see how Ben saw that symbolism of the man loosing balannce soon after gaining it. Its an interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  46. The main theatrical elements to this show is the lighting, choreography, make-up, sound, and the stage itself. The lighting adds to an already dramatic scenario, and the choreography was right on point. The costumes were unordinary, but the whole thing was out of the ordinary. The types of music were very fitting also.

    I believe that the juxtaposition and contrasting of music represents how life goes on. In a lot of movies, the changes of music can relate to the changes of time or moods. I believe that this is what the music is doing in the scene. It is very neat how the combine the element of classic and futuristic music.

    The cast show more of a primitive lifestyle. The world was moving very slowly, and they were taking it step by step. The business man's life was in a complete rush the whole time. His life was represented as going by real fast, and missing out on important times of his life.

    The thing that stands out to me is the skill of the business man. He was on that contraption while it was spinning at full speed, and it did not even affect him. This took some time into mastering that. I wonder if he ever fell during practice.

    Response to Brock Gaines: I agree with you the man on the spinning wheel is fascinating. Not any average man could do that, and he had to have a whole lot of courage.

    ReplyDelete
  47. 1. The choreogrpahy is very good and is used to portray the business man running around for the world. There is pantomine when the guy is just running around the wheel sayin nothing. The make up is used to portray the features of skin.

    2. It's supposed to present a clash in the tmes. The people walking around represnt older generations who did things simply. While the modern man is running around the world trying to get as much money as possible.

    3. The contrast between the man on the wheel and the other people is a time difference. They are stuck in two different time zones. Maybe the people on the ground are the people of the future who are organized and come together for a commmon good.

    4. The way the business man runs around the wheel is very artistic and well thought out. It required choreography and some real safety features.

    Response to Connor Payne: I agree that the theatrical parts of the show add to the scenary. The music is sets the scene really well also.

    ReplyDelete
  48. In this I see major works of body painting and work of art from other artists. I see a lot of lighting and other elements being brought into these different photographs. The first one I see acting and I also see artwork from his face and his costume. The one to the right of the first one I see a lot of special effects and Photoshop. I also see background artwork. The picture in the bottom left is an acrobatic stun with artwork. They look like the blue man group doing yoga. I think the first one is a renaissance music piece. I could see him juggling to a flute. The next one seems like techno and electronic in one. It makes it look like it was taken on a stage during a rave. The blue men seem to be classical and funny music. The costumes completely set the story for every photograph. It seems exciting and seems to tell a complete story for every single one. The video is the same thing as the picture. It tells different story that they want the audience to come up with. They want the music to affect the audience in a mysterious way. They want the audience to be in awe by the costume, lights, acrobatics, and stage background and music. The person in the spinning circle thing stands out to me. It is very cool and it starts the mysterious trip that I am about to go on.

    ReplyDelete
  49. In response to caylon:
    I agree with what you see the business man doing. I think it is very interesting and tells a whole different story during the performance.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I see many element in this video. The theatrical elements in this video is memorization of the lyrics in the song and positioning of the people and the actors put a little bit of mystery in the video because it is hard to really figure out what the video is about. I think this video represents how people like the business man go way to fast in this world and sometimes they forget why they became what they became. the makeup makes a big difference in this video because the people who looked all the same was really how people get mixed in this world and become just another average joe and how people are losing there individualism in the world today. I can see myself in the business man sometimes because i do tend to roll with the pack and do not try to be my own self .

    ReplyDelete
  51. in response to Lyndell
    I agree that the acrobats in this video is a great element and it is very tuff to do a stunt like that blindfolded. It would take a lot of practice and hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  52. The major elements of this show are the music, the lighting, the eye catching wardrobe and acrobatics.

    I think it is supposed to reflect our lives in the fact that we all are caught on the "rat wheel" of life and all of us just go threw the motions in slow motion in both modern and old times.

    The business man represents the "everyday" person and i think the characters represent our fantasy world that we wished we lived in

    The guy in the wheel stands out because he has major balls getting in that thing and flying through the air.

    ReplyDelete
  53. 1) The major elements are music, makeup, lighting, and their costumes or wardrobe.
    2)I think that this is supposed to be our lives and the change that is in the world from generation to generation.
    3)Make up changes a lot of things in this. The make up makes the characters because without it they are just normal people and they don't really stick out.
    4) I can see myself in the same position sometimes as the businessman because I don't really stick out all of the time and sometimes I tend to blend in with a crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  54. In response to Shaun:
    I have to agree in that sometimes I seem to blend in with everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  55. 1. The theatrical elements that seem to be the most notable are the scenery and the music. Costumes and makeup are also present.
    2. In my opinion these juxtapositions represent the individual in a sea of conformity. The irony in this is that the actors with the imaginative makeup are the most common people in this production, while the common man in the business suit is the only individual.
    3. As I said before, the business man to me represents the individual dealing with the challenges of being different, hence the swinging pendulum that the man is balancing on.
    4. The thing that stood out to me the most was the irony of the people with the odd makeup being the crowd and the common business man being the individual fighting conformity. This is ironic because it is usually the other way around.

    In response to Jason Haag:
    The observation of generational changes is interesting considering I hadn't thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  56. There were many different aspects in the video such as the choreogrpahy, the music, the lighting, the delightful wardrobe.

    I believe the guy is representing the newer age and that the people walking around are older and more hesitant to try new things out.

    Costumes and make up add so many different things such as life and color to plays and different types of theatrical events.

    Something in the video that stands out so much would be the fact that everyone in the video has a body that is so well toned and just very in shape looking.

    Caylon i agree with your second answer, because that i was i got out of the question also

    ReplyDelete
  57. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  58. 1.The theatrical elementi see in this production is deffinately the acrobatic movements through the wheel by the man. Also the music and lighting add to the elements.
    2.The musci in the show contrasts so well becuase it makes a great tone for the show. I think that it represents the time the man is feeling while the casts watches him go on the wheel.
    3.The constumes and make up make this this production. The man in his business like suit while the cast is in thier very diffrent costumes with such revealing qualities shows that while the mans actions are outrageous so is the cast's costumes.
    4.) The thing that stood out to me the most in this production was the music and lighting. The music fit so well with what the man was doing on the wheel. The lighting in a way set a mood for the audience.

    ReplyDelete
  59. 1.This production brought a new theatrical element to me. The music and choreography went with each other but were their own. The costumes add to the mix.
    2.i believe it is representing our lives and how they have changed as generations go on and how they will be expected to change.
    3.The man in the business suit represents the every day struggle that we all face every day in our own individual lives.
    4.the thing that stood out the most to me was the contrast within the production and how it dealt with the contrast in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  60. 1. The theatrical elements that were expressed in the performance were shock and excitement mixed mystical allusions and wonder which mixed with the techno music and awesome light show really brought out the performance from all participants.

    2. I feel that the representation of the performance between the mystic people standing of in the distance with the businessman running around in circles and doing all these amazing movements but never going anywhere was showing how we lose our humanity when giving into the world and can find ourselves on a constant circle of going nowhere, but it seems that he finally breaks free and gets off the circle.

    3. The costumes of mystic creatures and the businessman i feel that they represented humanity and the world we create to house our humanity and sometimes we can depend more on our house we have build rather than ourselves the ones who built it.

    4. I found that the acrobat that was dancing in mid air was amazing because of how if he truly did make one wrong move then he could die which shows true showman ship in the commitment to entertainment.

    In response to Thomas Bruce's post:
    i agree the production did a great job is contrasting with our lives

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.